- thirty three -

yeosang pulled away from jongho, almost confused by the boy's words.

"i'm sorry if i made you uncomfortable, yeo... i-i just—"

jongho was cut off by yeosang's lips on his own, the older carefully wrapping his arms around jongho's neck, making sure to avoid the boy's injuries. jongho instinctively pulled yeosang closer, the two's lips moving perfectly in sync. eventually, the boys were out of breath and pulled apart, resting their foreheads together once again.

"wow..." jongho whispered, smiling gently as he brought his hand up to cup yeosang's cheek.

yeosang giggled slightly, leaning his head into jongho's hand. the younger boy gently ran his thumb across the boy's cheek, then gently ran it across his lips as well.

"beautiful," jongho mumbled. "so, so beautiful..."

"y-yeah?"

"absolutely."

yeosang pulled away gently, reaching to grab his phone and then beginning to type, jongho patiently waiting beside him.

i really, really like you, jongho.

"i like you too, yeo. more than you know."

really?

jongho nodded.

was that good? that was my first kiss...

"i never would have guessed that... it was really good, yeosang. don't overthink it."

thank you. i really needed that.

"and you also need to get some rest. i know you napped before but you still look exhausted, bub. are you sure you're doing okay? you know i'm here if you need me..."

yeosang took a shaky breath and shook his head, whimpering slightly. jongho quickly understood and pulled him close, cradling his head as he held yeosang close to him. the older began to cry, letting out choked sobs every now and then, trying his hardest to control himself, afraid that if he didn't, he'd lose the only person who always seemed to understand.

"hey... hey, yeo... don't try to hide, okay? let it all out, i'm going nowhere."

yeosang frantically shook his head, not convinced that jongho was being honest with him. in turn, jongho gently cupped the boy's cheek again and leaned in, pressing their lips together. yeosang began to calm down a little, just enough for jongho to convince him that he meant what he said.

"i mean it, yeo... i'm not going anywhere. when i said i'd always fight for you, i meant it, bub. you deserve to get your feelings out with no judgment. i'm here for that, yeah? i'm here for whatever you need."

i just need you...

"then i'm all yours."

i'm not okay, jongho.

"i know, bub... i know."

please don't leave me... i need you.

"i'm not going anywhere, yeo. come here, come close..."

yeosang crawled over and rested himself next to jongho, staying as close as he possibly could to the younger boy. yeosang allowed himself to fully break down, clinging to jongho's body and holding on tight to the hospital gown he wore. jongho stayed quiet, gently rubbing the boy's back and kissing his head to comfort him.

"h-h— h-hurts..." yeosang stuttered, gripping onto jongho tightly.

"what hurts, baby? what hurts?"