- thirty six -

the next morning, yeosang woke up first, smiling slightly at how close the two were. every moment that he spent with jongho was so special to him, and he had quickly realized that jongho was his everything. to show the younger how much he cared, yeosang decided that he would attempt to make breakfast, although he didn't account for how long he had been away and how most things had gone bad.

as he rummaged through the cabinets, he felt his anxiety building, afraid that jongho would wake up before he had made anything. to try and avoid this, yeosang ran to the bathroom and called wooyoung, who answered after only a couple rings.

"sangie! what's up? are you and jongho doing alright?"

"i-i— h-he's asleep.... i-i'm trying to make us breakfast b-but everything is e-expired and now i'm freaking out b-because i-i don't want him to wake up and me n-not have anything made..."

"deep breaths, sangie... deep breaths," wooyoung encouraged. "what do you need, i'll come by and drop it off."

"u-um... milk... a-and... i-i don't have any eggs, a-and... i-i don't know... i-i can't focus..."

"that's okay, sangie, it's okay. you're doing your best. what do you want to make? i'll just get all the ingredients for you."

"p-pancakes? i-i didn't really think about it."

"don't worry, okay? san and i have to go grocery shopping anyways and we were going to be heading out soon, we'll pick up what you need too and stop by."

"t-thank you..."

"why don't you go lay with jongho until i get there? you'll be able to relax that way, yeah?"

"b-but what if i wake him?"

"sangie, he's not going to be upset because you didn't make him breakfast in bed or anything. if you tell him that i'm bringing stuff for you to make breakfast, he'll probably be ecstatic."

"y-you think?"

"i know. i'm gonna hang up now, okay? we're heading out to the car."

"o-okay..."

"see you soon, sangie."

wooyoung hung up and yeosang took a deep breath before heading upstairs and laying back next to jongho. he cuddled in close to the boy, listening carefully to his steady breathing and closing his eyes while he listened to it.

"j-jjong? a-are y-you—"

"mmh?" jongho mumbled, beginning to wake up.

"s-sleep..." yeosang ordered in a whisper.

jongho nodded, pulling yeosang close and falling back asleep. yeosang smiled slightly at how gentle jongho was, then quietly waited for wooyoung to text that he was there.

when he did, yeosang carefully got up and met wooyoung at the door, where he stood with san next to him, cheeks stained with tears.

"hi sangie... is it okay if we come in for a few minutes? san had a panic attack on our way here and i want him to have the chance to calm down before we head back..."

yeosang nodded, letting the two in, then realizing they would see the mess he had made in the kitchen and got anxious, worrying that they would judge him.

i'm sorry the kitchen's a bit of a mess right now!!

"sangie, don't be sorry. we're not going to judge you or anything. haven't you seen san's room?"

"woo..." san whined. "can we not?"

"baby, i'm just trying to make him feel better!"

woo, if san doesn't want you to talk about it you don't have to. i appreciate you trying to reassure me though.