3 Turn of Events

Part 3 Turn of events

Arnav was horror-struck seeing the seventy years old GROOM. What the hell was happening here? The man was looking like Khushi's great grandfather. How could he even think of marrying this small girl? This is why her father didn't want this marriage to happen? He was shocked to see a man dragging Khushi by her hair. How dare they manhandled her? He could not bear the barbaric act of the man. In no time, he got down from the car and strode towards him.

"Do you think you can get rid of Vijay Singh?" The groom asked Khushi, pointing at himself.

"Please leave my Babuji. Ask them not to hit him" she pleaded with tears.

"You should have thought about your Babuji's wellness before running away from me" she slapped her hard.

Khushi slipped her balance and was about to fall down, Arnav held her in his arms, before her hitting the floor. He saw fingerprints on her cheek. He stared at Vijay Singh tightening his jaws.

"He is the one who wants to marry you?" Arnav asked Khushi.

Khushi shook her head up and down.

"Don't you have sense? How could you think of marrying a granddaughter like a girl? Will you do the same to your daughter too?" Arnav sneered towards Vijay Singh.

"Hey, who the hell are you? Mind your business... Otherwise, you will lose your precious life talking too much for a silly girl..."

"What you are doing is unnecessary... You are spoiling an innocent girl's life in the name of astrology... It's a superstition..."

"Guys, look... a scholar of Gautam Buddha is here to enlighten us..." Vijay Singh laughed, countering.

Arnav shrank his eyes and observed the surroundings. The old man stopped laughing and looked at Khushi wrathfully, hearing Arnav's words.

"I will give you money with full interest that her father borrowed from you," Arnav said.

"Who are you to give me money? Who are you to them? Why are you showing interest in her?"

"Leave the reason, tell me the amount. You want money, right...? I will settle your money in a single payment" Arnav said.

"I would have accepted the money if you had come a month ago. Now, everything changed. I don't want money but this girl. Today is our marriage. The first night will also be tonight itself. Then I will live long... more than a hundred years..." Vijay Singh said spreading his hands.

"This is humbug," Arnav said, feeling loathful.

Vijay turned towards Khushi.

"Because of him, you run away from the marriage? Is he your boyfriend? Do you want to sleep with him?" he asked angrily.

"Chiiii" Khushi gawked.

"Mind your words... Stop all the nonsense. Otherwise, I will call the police" Arnav sneered.

"Police? Do you have this area police station number or shall I give you?" Vijay Singh asked sarcastically.

His men laughed.

"Hey, get her to my home..." Vijay Singh started walking while ordering his men.

His myrmidons advanced Khushi to fulfill his boss's order. She hid behind Arnav clutching his coat fearfully.

"Please, save me and my father... They will kill him. Please..." Khushi pleaded Arnav.

Vijay Singh's anger raised seeing her taking Arnav's help. He walked towards Khushi and extended his hand to clutch her hair. Arnav kicked him gathering all his strength. The old man rolled down on the ground screaming. Arnav strode to him and kept his left leg on his neck.

"I'm not a scholar of Buddha. It doesn't mean, I won't kill you who is trying to kill a girl alive. She will live peacefully if I kill you. Doesn't she?" He asked.

Vijay Singh was horrified. He wanted to marry Khushi only to live long. It seems this man won't let it happen.

Vijay's myrmidons ran towards Arnav. Arnav's guards who were waiting galloped towards them and surrounded them. Vijay's myrmidons started attacking Arnav's guards. The place turned into a war field. Arnav's guards were officially trained by a private defense academy. They tackled Vijay's myrmidons without putting effort, without even getting a scratch on their bodies. Arnav's guards almost squeezed Vijay's men. That made them furious. Arnav didn't get into the fight. He was guarding Khushi and her father cautiously who was already wounded.

"I will help you if you are ready to leave this place," Arnav said to Khushi's father.

He looked at Khushi.

"Say yes, Babuji... We can't live here. They won't let us live peacefully. Let's go somewhere" Khushi pleaded with her father.

"Leave this place and come to Delhi with me. I will arrange for your livelihood, sir. Please don't be here anymore. These people seem barbarians" Arnav said.

He nodded ok.

Arnav smiled with satisfaction whereas Khushi hugged her father happily.

"My daughter is everything to me. I'm alive only for her. Because of me, she got into trouble. I borrowed money for my wife's operation. Neither I can save her nor could I return the money back. I will be grateful to you if you helped us to leave this place"

"You need not worry. Taking you from this place is my responsibility." Arnav clutched his hand, assuring him that he will be there for them.

But life won't always be in our favor. It won't give us what we want but puts us in a situation we didn't expect. Here, Arnav met Khushi in an unpleasant situation. He was angry with her before knowing about her condition. But now, he wanted to protect the same girl who spoilt his major event. He was even ready to take her and her father to Delhi. If you think how quickly events turned in their life...! Wait...! Change of events has not finished yet...!

Khushi's father thanked Arnav, joining his hands. His facial expression changed shockingly as Vijay Singh tried to stab Arnav with a knife. Arnav didn't notice him as he was facing his back to Vijay. Without any second thought, Khushi's father pushed Arnav away. Vijay stabbed Khushi's father instead of Arnav. The knife got deep down on his stomach. Arnav was thunderstruck, seeing him sacrificing his life to save him. Khushi screamed her heart out,

"Baaaaabujiiiiiii" She kneeled down in front of him with pooled-up eyes.

Arnav kicked Vijay Singh wrathfully and he fell on the ground motionlessly. His son rushed to him and shook him. No movement.

Khushi's father beckoned Arnav with half-closed eyes. Arnav rushed to him, shouting for his manager.

"Aman... come on..."

Aman and his guards rushed to Arnav.

"Don't worry, sir. I will take you to the hospital..." Arnav gestured his guards to lift Shashi.

"No... don't waste your time on me. Please save my daughter... it's enough for me..." taking Khushi's hand, he stretched it towards Arnav.

Without thinking of anything, Arnav took her hand from him.

"Thanks..." he joined his hands.

The next second, his hands fell on the ground motionlessly.

"Babujiiiiiii" Khushi cried.

Arnav saw Vijay Singh's men taking him to the hospital. His son stopped before getting into the car and stared at Arnav.

"Your death will happen in my hands... mark my words" he howled.

Arnav tightened the grip on Khushi's hand and pulled her up.

"Babuji...." she choked.

An old man came forward.

"Leave the place immediately, Bitiya. We will do Shashi's funeral. Go with him, Khushi" he said.

Khushi cried laying on his father's body.

"Let's go..." Arnav started walking, pulling Khushi with him.

Looking at Shashi's body, again and again, Khushi ran with Arnav could not stand his walking speed.

To be continued...