16 Selfish Simran

Part 16 Selfish Simran

Rajeev looked at Shyam with shock and Simran with anger... of course, for the first time, he looked at his daughter with anger. He strode to them and pulled Simran from the hug.

"What did you say?"

"I'm sorry, Dad..."

Rajeev raised his hand to slap her. Shyam stopped him, clutching his hand.

"Leave my hand, Shyam. Because of her, I'm facing humiliation from Arnav, from the day Anjali's wedding happened. He is thinking I ruined Anjali's life. How beautiful our lives would have been if you had married Anjali?"

"How would have been, Dad?" Shyam asked without expression on his face.

Rajeev was about to say something,

"You would have rotated Ratna aunty as per your wish... You would have made me the CEO of AR by using Anjali's shares... And last but not least, Simran would have married Arnav... right?"

"Of course, yes..." he said brightly.

Shyam chuckled softly.

"I'm getting late to the office..."

Shyam took a step, and Rajeev stopped him clutching his coat.

"Why are you seeming disinterested?"

"I lost all my interest when you fixed Anjali's marriage with Dheeraj. Now also you are talking about ONLY your benefit, not about my happiness"

"Why didn't you tell me you loved Anjali?"

Shyam looked at Simran who bowed down.

"I was SENT (He stressed) to France that time, Dad. Simran so wanted me to go to France. Then she screwed you to take Dheeraj's alliance forward. You didn't even tell me anything about Anjali's marriage before fixing it."

"Didn't Anjali tell you anything?"

"I didn't confess my love to her. I was thinking of doing it after coming from France. But, before that, everything turned opposite"

"Did Anjali love you?"

"She liked me... but, I don't know whether she loved me or not"

"She loved you Bhai..." Simran said in a feeble tone.

Rajeev looked at her with surprise.

"She cried when I told her that Bhai was happy about her marriage"

"Did you tell her he was happy about her marriage?" Rajeev asked disappointedly.

"Yes, Dad... she told Anjali so. That's why Anjali stopped talking to me after you fixed her wedding. She didn't even tell me that her marriage was fixed because she thought everything was happening with my consent"

Rajeev rolled his eyes.

"Bhai... you are the one who showered love and concern on me after our mother's demise. Dad was so busy with his business commitments and he didn't even have time to talk with me. When I sensed you love Anjali, I thought you will forget me. That's why I made her marry Dheeraj Bhai"

"I loved Anjali not only for me... I thought you will get a mother's love from her because I know how sweet Anjali is. She would have looked after you like a mother if I had married to her. Arnav is thinking that Dad ruined her life. But, it was you who did that. I would have been happy if she is happy in her life. But, I can never forgive you because you made her married to Dheeraj. You knew very well he was a drunkard. Yet, you played with her life" Shyam said painfully.