49 Arrest Warrant

Part 49 Arrest Warrant

Simran hissed as she touched the hot utensil with bare hands.

"Oh... God..." she shouted.

Ratna pulled her hand under the tap and kept it under the running water and then she applied salt to her skin.

"You won't get a blister," Ratna said.

"That's all...?" Simran asked.

"Haan... why?"

"Won't you take me to the hospital?"

"Hospital? For this small wound?" Ratna chuckled.

"Small? It's burning..."

"You will be alright... See..." she showed her hand where there were two or three small scars.

Simran rolled her eyes.

"Let's take everything to the table." Ratna took a bowl and walked out of the kitchen.

Simran followed her fuming. Ratna called everyone to the dining to have lunch. Simran also sat there. Anjali came with Shyam and Arnav came with Khushi. Arnav saw Simran looking at them incensed. Arnav clutched Khushi's hand and made her sit next to him.

"Mom, did you do all the work alone?" Anjali asked.

Simran became curious. Ratna was going to praise her in front of everyone. But to her disappointment, Ratna said the truth.

"Don't ask me about it Anju. Today I got to know how important Prakash brothers are to our family" she sighed.

"Didn't Simran help you, aunty?" Shyam asked and Simran looked at Ratna with a smile.

Ratna sighed again.

"She doesn't even know to wash utensils, Damadji. Don't know what will she do when she gets married. One thing is sure... her in-laws are going to scold you and your father every day" Ratna said feeling sad.

Simran looked at Arnav who was whispering something in Khushi's ear and didn't give an ear to their talks. Khushi looked at him with wide-open eyes and nodded NO panicking. Arnav controlled his laughter.

"What's running between them?" Simran thought... correction... burnt in jealousy.

Ratna looked at them.

"What's the matter, Khushi? it seems something interesting is going on between you and your husband..." She asked.

Khushi nodded no hurriedly whereas Arnav said,

"Yes, Mom... there is an interesting matter... Khushi told me" Arnav said.

Khushi looked at him nervously.

"What's that Arnav?" Shyam asked.

"It's a story"

"What story?" Ratna asked.

"It's about a Mother-in-law and a Daughter-in-law story," Arnav said seriously.

"Arnavji, please... stop it," she said in a soft tone.

"What does she say?" Anjali asked.

"She doesn't want me to tell you the story"

"But why, Khushi?" Anjali pouted.

"Di... it's not a story to be said in front of everyone... that's why" Arnav purposely said.

"You said it's about a mother-in-law and a daughter-in-law... then what's the problem?" Shyam asked.