18 Proposal

Part 18 Proposal

"Anjali Di is neither a widow nor a married woman"

"Whaaaat?"

"Yes, Arnavji, she didn't complete seven pheras with the man who tied mangal sutra on her neck. So, as per Hindu wedding rules, they are not husband and wife. Their wedding is incomplete. If their wedding is incomplete how could she be a widow?" she asked with a cute expression hurriedly.

Arnav stood dumbfounded.

"Is it?"

"Yes... he fell down before even completing the first phera. So, they are not husband and wife"

"Oh... but, if it is the case, why Di and Mom are still sticking into it?" he shrank his eyes.

"Orthodox people won't think in this way, Arnavji. That's why they would not have realized it"

Arnav nodded yes as the reason was convincing. Ratna was indeed fond of rituals and customs. But, Anjali was not so conservative... then, why didn't she oppose calling herself a widow? He thought.

"By the way, why did you tell me about it so urgently?"

"Because you are going to France..."

"So?"

"I saw you fighting with Rajeev sir for making Di's life dreadful. I don't want you to go to France carrying Di's burden in your heart. Now, you can go without Di's tension."

"How?"

"You can get her married to a good guy. Di will get out of the grief that she is suppressing in her heart and will do the work peacefully"

Arnav nodded while adoring her. Here, he was trying to be her protector, and Khushi was fully set to send him to France with a peaceful mind.

Somewhat, Khushi was right. Arnav felt so relaxed knowing the truth. His sister was not a widow. She was not married in fact. Rajeev can be shut if he tried to highlight it.

Arnav bent down to keep the coffee cup on the tea table, Khushi extended her hand asking for the cup. Without giving the cup to her,

"You have not answered my question yet," he asked with a mild smile.

"What question?"

"Will you come to France with me?" he asked again.

She thought for a while.

"Could you arrange a job for me there?" She asked a question instead of answering.

"Job...?"

"I can get my duplicate certificate from the university," she said excitedly.

"University?" Arnav raised his brows.

Khushi nodded yes hurriedly.

"What are you?"

"I'm a Software Engineer," she said nonchalantly.

"Whaaaaat?" Arnav dropped his jaw.

Khushi nodded yes.

"I got distinction in computer engineering," she said casually.

Arnav ran his eyes on her from top to bottom unbelievably.

"Then why did you agree to be a servant when my Dad offered you the job?"

"I just want to be safe, away from the reach of Vijay Singh. That's why I accepted the job"

Arnav rolled his eyes high.

"I just can't believe this..."

"Why?" she asked making face.