23 more special than anyone

Part 23 More Special than anyone

"Yeah... girls cry only for those close to their heart," Ratna said and went to the kitchen, leaving stunning Arnav.

CLOSE TO HEART? Was he close to Khushi's heart? That too, next to his mother? He raised his brows getting amazed.

Arnav followed Ratna to the kitchen.

"She must be guilty," said Arnav.

"Who?" Ratna asked.

"Khushi..."

"For what?"

"Didn't you say a girl cries only for her close-to-heart persons?"

"Yeah..."

"She might have cried out of guilty for not waking me up. Nothing more than that" he said.

"Then why did she say NOTHING SHOULD HAPPEN TO YOU?"

"Maybe, out of respect..."

"Mmmm... let me check." Ratna walked out, taking a bowl.

"How will you check, Mom?" he followed her again to the dining.

"I have to think about it"

They saw Khushi coming with Anjali. Arnav sat in the dining.

"Are you alright, Khushi?" Ratna intentionally asked while serving breakfast to Arnav.

"What happened to her?" Anjali asked frowning.

"She cried for our Chotte" Ratna said.

"For Chotte? What happened to him?" Anjali panicked.

"I fell down from the couch Di," he said making a sad face.

"How?"

"In my sleep..."

"You and falling down from the couch in your sleep? I believed" Anjali teased.

"Khushi is not as understanding as you, Anju. That's why she cried" Ratna smiled.

"But, what's there to cry? And why did Chotte sleep on the couch?" Anjali asked.

"Khushi slept on the couch, listening to our talks last night. Chotte also slept in the living room not wanting to leave her alone. But, she went to your room, in the mid-night, leaving Chotte here, without waking him up. So, he played with her. He said he fallen down from the couch and his leg was twisted only because Khushi left him here"

"Oh..."

"So, she cried..."

"Is it Khushi?"

Khushi was silent.

"Chotte, because of you, she cried... why did you make her cry? Stop playing with her this way" Anjali said.

"Di, does anyone cry for the simple thing?" Arnav asked with his lopsided smile.

"Haan, Khushi, is not it a simple thing?" Anjali asked.

"She cries thinking about her mother and also cries thinking about Chotte's little injury. She is so sensitive" Ratna said.

Arnav was constantly gazing at Khushi.

"Tell us, Khushi, why did you cry?" Ratna asked.

"Haan, Chotte is not a kid who could not bear a slight pain..." Anjali said.

"But, pain is the same for everyone..." Khushi said feeling sad.

They spared a glance.

"I have fallen down from the bed once and my wrist got twisted. I suffered in pain for one week... I thought he will also suffer as I did" Khushi said with regret.