34 Khushi's answer

Part 34 Khushi's answer

Arnav got discharged from the hospital. Khushi avoided going to his room because she could not see Arnav as bedridden. She occupied the kitchen under the pretext of assisting Ratna. But Ratna deliberately sent her to Arnav's room with small excuses.

"Khushi beta, could you give this juice to Chotte?" She asked as usual.

Khushi nodded ok as she had no guts to deny Ratna. Taking the glass of juice glass, she strode to Arnav's room. She saw Arnav sitting, leaning on the pillows.

He smiled at her. Khushi advanced him plastering a smile. She forwarded the glass to him. Taking it from her, Arnav drank, gaping at her. Khushi waited until he finished the juice. Arnav gave the empty glass to Khushi. Taking it from him, she turned to leave, Arnav called her.

"Khushiiii..."

"Haan...?"

"My back is aching. Could you help me to lay down?"

Khushi nodded ok. Keeping the empty glass on the table, she slowly removed the pillows one by one. At one point, Arnav could not sit without support. Sitting on the bed, she held his shoulder with one hand and removed the pillows with another. She made him lay down slowly. She stood from the bed and felt a tug in her hand. She saw Arnav clutching her hand.

"Thanks..." He smiled.

"You no need to thank me." She said.

"Why?" Arnav asked.

"It's my duty to serve you"

"Why?"

"Because I ought to help you Arnavji"

"Why?"

"You are everything to me... Because of you, I'm alive today. What I'm doing now is nothing compared to what you did for me"

Arnav smiled.

"Do you want something?"

Arnav nodded yes.

"What do you want? Tell me"

"Not now" he smiled.

Khushi chuckled mildly with a painful expression.

"By the way, where are you going so urgently? Sit here"

Khushi was bewildered. Sitting with Arnav would be the challenging one. She sat on the chair with hesitancy,

"Talk to me about something"

"what do you want me to talk about?"

"Something... I'm bored sitting in this room. Di became busy with her phone calls with Shyam and Mom is busy preparing healthy food for me. You are the only one who left for me. So, talk to me"

"I don't know what to talk about, Arnavji"

"Ok, tell me, how to make Badam Halwa"

Khushi looked at him surprisingly.

"Badam Halwa?"

Arnav nodded yes.

"We have to soak the almond overnight and should peel the skin off. after that, it should be blent well..." Khushi stopped,

"I will prepare for you if you want to eat it, Arnavji"

Arnav smiled.

"Ok, you go..." He said.

Khushi nodded ok and rushed out. Arnav closed his eyes smilingly.

.........

Arvind and Ratna were discussing Arnav's report.