33 Crying Khushi

Part 33 Crying Khushi

Arnav got his consciousness after four hours of the surgery. The doctor allowed his family to meet him. They came to ICU to meet Arnav. Arnav looked at Shyam and he nodded yes. Ratna and Anjali managed themselves not to cry but Khushi could not. She bit her lip and her eyes poured uncontrolled.

"Khushi.... don't..." Arnav said putting effort.

"Khushi please, don't make him put effort to talk to you..." Shyam said.

Khushi wiped her cheeks.

"Chotte, don't worry. You are alright..." Ratna said choking.

Arnav blinked his eyes slowly.

"When will we go home?" Arnav asked in a low tone.

"Your spinal cord is damaged. A steel plate has been used for the surgery. You have to be in the hospital for at least a week"

Arnav closed his eyes disappointedly.

"Anyone attender could stay here," the nurse said.

The trio looked at each other.

"I will talk to the doctor about it," Shyam said.

The nurse nodded ok and left.

"You don't worry. I will talk to the doctor" Shyam said.

"Please arrange a good room for Chotte," Anjali said.

"Ok, I will arrange a room for you. but now, we have to go out because outsiders are not allowed to stay in the ICU due to infection reasons" Shyam said.

They nodded ok and walked out. Khushi was looking at Arnav with guilt. He smiled at her slowly. She came out and started crying again.

"Khushi, there is no use in crying. It changes nothing. We can't change what already happens. Just think what to do next" Shyam said.

"From the time, I came into his life, Arnavji is facing terrible things" Khushi sniffed.

"Khushi, relax... are you going to make Chotte feel bad?" Shyam asked.

"Anyone in her place will do the same, Shyam" Anjali said.

"We should not do it because Arnav should not be stressed. He needs peace of mind. You guys are his loved women. Only you can give him that peace. Who will understand him if you could not?"

Khushi was silent.

"Listen Khushi, try not to cry in front of Arnav at least," Shyam said.

"She won't cry. She won't let Chotte feel bad" Ratna said sternly.

Shyam nodded ok.

"Aunty, take them home. Get fresh and come back"

"No... we will be here" Anjali said.

"Of course... but go home and come back with needed things" he insisted.

"Yeah... we didn't bring anything. let's bring the necessary things" Ratna said.

Anjali nodded ok.

"I will be here until you are back," Shyam said

"Let's go Khushi" Ratna pulled Khushi with her.

After they left the hospital, Shyam entered the ICU. He came and sat beside Arnav.

"Arnav..."

Arnav looked at him, opening his eyes slowly.

"How are you feeling now?"

"I'm alright"

"I want to tell you something important. I don't know what you will think but I don't want to hide it from you."