22Close to Heart

Part 22 Close to Heart?

Arvind was waiting for Ratna, without sleeping. He could not sleep until he got to know what made Arnav talk to Ratna, forgetting his anger because it was not just a matter of anger but disappointment. Arnav felt Ratna betrayed him. Arvind knew it. Then, how did Arnav patch up with Ratna? He saw Ratna getting in with unusual enthusiasm. She was not walking but slightly hoping while humming her favorite song with a smile on her face.

Ratna's smile brightened, seeing Arvind. She winked at him and went to the washroom which she never did before. Arvind understood that she was at an extreme level of happiness. Why not? She had sorted something that had been stressing her for more than ten years. She came to the bed and lay with a slight jump.

"It seems you are happy..." Arvind asked.

"Of course, no doubt... Chotte talked to me... not only that he shared his previous experiences with me" she said excitedly.

"How did the miracle happen?" he asked without expression on his face.

"Because of an Angel, it happened"

"Angel?" he raised his brows.

"Yeah... Angel's name is Khushi," she said proudly.

"Khushi?" he frowned unbelievably.

"Yes... she is the one who made Chotte understand the importance of mother"

"Chotte understood that?"

"PRESENTATION makes even a simple thing grand. A very few are specialists to PRESENT in a way that catches others' hearts. Khushi is one among them. She has the capacity to make Chotte emotional... she made him cry... she is indeed an angel..." Ratna pinched the AIR and kissed her own fingers as if she pinched Khushi's cheek.

Arvind gulped down.

"Did Chotte cry?"

She nodded yes.

"What did she say that made Chotte cry?"

"It was an epic moment... you can't understand that because it's full of relationship values. You won't appreciate it"

"what do you mean? Don't I know the value of a relationship?"

"Do you know? Really?" She questioned him sarcastically.

"First, tell me, according to you, what is meant by VALUE?" she asked.

"You are hurting me, Ratna..."

"Hurt? Oh... we will discuss it later. Tell me about VALUE first" she stood at the point.

"I gave you palace-like house... piles of money... cars... jewelry... what not? Am I doing all this without knowing the values of the relationship?"

"Yes, you gave us all these without knowing the value of the relationship. You gave us everything except ONE... YOU... you didn't give your time, attention, care, and love to us"

Cutting her,

"I love you all..."

"Sounds great... good night" she closed her eyes.

"What does your behavior mean?"

"That means, it's a waste of time to talk to you about anything... go to sleep. Don't you want to serve your friend tomorrow as usual?" she said heated up.

"Why are you always ending up with Rajeev?"

"I already told you... you can't understand... leave it. But one thing will surely happen one day..."