14 Angry Arnav

Part 14 Angry Arnav

"Because of you, my sister became a window" Arnav shouted in a high-pitched tone, making Rajeev embarrassed, Arvind awkward, and Khushi shocked.

Khushi looked at Anjali with the same shock. Is Anjali a widow? She could not believe it. That was why Arnav told Anjali, 'I don't want you to be alone' the other day? That was why he made her stay with Anjali in her room? Khushi thought.

"It was unexpected..." Rajeev defended.

"What didn't you expect? Won't you enquire about the groom before fixing the marriage whether he is a good fellow or not? Will you choose a drunkard as a husband for your daughter?" he sneered.

Rajeev looked somewhere.

"No... Right? Then why did you do that to my Di? Because her life is not as important as your daughter's... Right? The man who is responsible for her life had never been answerable to his family (he said glaring at Arvind) he never minded answering..."

"Arnav, I didn't know Dheeraj was a drunkard. I would not have got Anjali married to him if I had known..."

"Simple...! That's all that you could say?" Sarcasm dripped in Arnav's tone.

"I don't know how to make you understand..." Rajeev sighed.

"Don't try... You can never..."

"Even though you are not listening to me it's my responsibility to lead you..."

Arnav stood folding his hand with a mockery look.

"I heard how you met this girl. Of course, her father saved you. But you went to her place only to help her. You could have avoided going to her place. Because of her, you went to the place, that's why her father gave his life. Then how could you be responsible for his death?"

Arvind and Simran's faces brightened. Rajeev caught a valid point. Yeah, Arnav would not have gone to Khushi's place if she had not come to his place. He took Khushi to the place only to hand her over to his father. Arnav was not the reason for the fights that followed after that. Then how could he be responsible for Shashi's death? But, Arnav had an answer.

"I do not owe to answer you. Yet, I would like to answer because I don't want Khushi to think in the same way. Yes, her father saved my life only because I went to their place to help her. But... WHAT IF HE DIDN'T SAVE MY LIFE?" Arnav stopped and raised his brows.

"What if he didn't come in front of me and had the sword in his stomach? The sword would have got down into my stomach and, I would have died instead of her father... Right?"

Rajeev gulped down.

"I promised her father that I will be her protector. I will keep my words till my last breath... No matter what..."

"You can keep your words by keeping her in a hostel too"

"Why should I keep her in the hostel when I have a house?"

"You don't understand what would be the consequence..."

"Let it be anything... I just don't care about it"

"the world will talk rubbish..."

"Then why the hell did you send your daughter to our place? Is it ok, if the world talks rubbish about your daughter? Or... did you intentionally send her to make the world talk rubbish?"

"You have no idea how much I like you. I so want you to become my son-in-law. Simran also likes you so much"

Arnav was taken back. So did Anjali. Simran and Arnav? Damn... Ratna stiffened herself. She so wanted to hear Arnav's answer to Rajeev because she already guessed it. Arnav looked at Simran Loathly.