48 Simran in the kitchen

Part 48 Simran in the kitchen

Ratna went to call Simran who was sitting with Shyam.

"Damadji, shall I take your sister with me?" Ratna asked.

Shyam looked at Simran and nodded ok.

"Don't worry... I just am taking her to the kitchen. Prakash brothers went to their native to attend a funeral. I just want a helping hand in the kitchen. that's why" Ratna said reading Simran's facial expression who was shocked. Did she call her to work in the kitchen? What the hell...!

"You are the one who permitted her to stay here, aunty. you can take her anywhere you want" Shyam said.

"Thank you..."

Ratna looked at Simran.

"Shall we go?"

Simran was stuck.

"Kitchen? but I don't know anything"

"Aunty will teach you..." Shyam said before Ratna answered her.

Simran went to the kitchen with Ratna fuming.

"When did the Prakash brothers go to their native?" Simran asked.

"In the morning... I was worried about not having anyone help me in the kitchen. Thank God you came to RM" Ratna said controlling her laughter.

"Did you permit me to stay in RM only to get my help in the kitchen?" Simran asked unbelievably.

"Of course, yes... Anju and Khushi are newly wedded brides. They would like to be with their respective husbands. How can I disturb them? Won't their hearts break?" she said feeling said.

Simran was like what the hell... to keep her children happy with their partners, how cunningly this woman agreed to her stay here.

"Come on, come on, don't waste time. My children will be hungry. When they come downstairs, I should keep their lunch ready. They will be tired..." she said with a little blush that made Simran annoyed.

Ratna smiled inwardly.

"You first wash the utensils. I will chop vegetables. Ok? We can finish the work if we do that sharing. Make it fast"

"Actually, I don't know to wash utensils"

"Whaaaat? Don't you even know a such simple thing? Before learning such basic survival skills, how did you think of getting married? Thank God, I got a GOOD daughter-in-law who is an expert in the kitchen"

"She is a middle-class girl after all..."

"She is a computer engineer you know? She is designing an AR site" Ratna said proudly which irritated Simran like hell.

"And... Anju does all the work but she is not a middle-class girl"

"But she has you... you would have taught her everything"

"Not only Anju but also you have me... don't worry. I will teach you everything and will make you a good cook"

"Why do you do these things by your own when you can bring alternative servants to RM?"

"Because this is my house. It's a much-needed feeling every woman should have. Not that, men should not do that. They would also be ready for everything. That's what a family is. Our family didn't get such a pleasant feel ever before because your father never let my husband be a good husband" she intentionally said.

Simran murmured something but Ratna didn't mind about it because she knew Simran was scolding her. who cared?

In Arshi room