1 ¦ Midnight

-- PLAYING: After Hours (The Weeknd)

It was midnight, thick snowflakes were falling from the sky. The wind was howling, and the air was icy. I had to take my leave of the library since it was closing.

The streets I walked through were empty and yet crowded, just the crunch of my shoes in the snow could be heard. In the distance, I could make out the cheerful voices of people hanging out with their closest friends or family at the Christmas markets.

You must know I really hate Christmas markets and especially Christmas. I just don't understand how people can put such a big effort into it just for one month of the year? And then there's all this cheerful behavior - ugh, I hate it. Everything is so shiny and golden, and everyone is so hyped up, why can't December just be normal?

Well now I was standing at the sidewalk waiting for the lights to finally turn green, but I don't really feel like going home yet. A/N: Go big or go home-

So, when the lights finally turned green, I started to cross the street and found myself walking through the Central Park at midnight.

02:00 AM

A ringing cell phone wakes me up from my sleep. Well, it didn't take me long to realize that it was my own.

"Yes?" I spoke into the phone not even looking at who was calling me. "Where the hell are you?! You should have been home ages ago!"

Oops...that means trouble. Some BIG trouble...and please don't tell me i really fell asleep on a bench. What the- 

"Cami, you still there? I asked you a question. Where the hell are you fooling around again? It would be better for you if I didn't have to ask a third time."

Shit, okay he's really mad.

"Sunghoon listen, I can explain...." "I don't want to hear any lie from you Camila, just tell me where the fuck you are, and we'll come pick you up. NOW!"

"I'm near the South Gate House." ...

"Please tell me that you're kidding right now... You're in the fucking Central Park?!"

That's it, today was my last day.

I hear him sigh at the other end before he asks in a somewhat softer tone of voice: "Could you please wait in front of the entry to the Metropolitan Museum of Art? I don't feel like running through the whole Central Park looking for you, plus it's easier for us to pick you up there. We'll be there in 20 minutes." And with that sentence he hangs up.

Walking up to where he asked me to, I started thinking of the best way to explain him what exactly I had done at the Central Park without making him even angrier.

When I finally reached the entrance of the Metropolitan Museum of Art and was about to sit down on the stairs to wait for them, I heard the sound of screeching approach me. A black Audi hurling towards me in an uncontrollable speed.

I froze, I think I also stopped breathing.

My body stood still, it was like I couldn't move, even though I wanted to...my body didn't allow it because of the sudden burst of fear inside of me.

The vehicle paused on time, as it stopped... the doors opened.

On one side, an angry Sunghoon got out of the car, while a rather worried Jay got out of the other side.

"Shit..." I muttered under my breath, whenever Jay looks worried and Sunghoon angry that means hell of a trouble. 

  A/N: I'm gonna start praying for her...