34 ¦ Lost In The Fire

I quickly took off my shoes and jacket and carefully walked down the hall. There was no one in the living room and I felt a breath of relief. 

Then I went into the kitchen and there was no one there either, until all of a sudden I saw Jay come around the corner from the dining room. 

"Cam, there you are. What took you so long?" I exhaled in relief because it was just Jay. 

"I was at Vic's." That wasn't even a lie. But after that, I was still out with Yeonjun. 

"Really? Because I saw Vic with Heeseung in town without you." As soon as I heard the first word from that person, my heart stopped.

Ni-ki also came around the corner, followed by Sunghoon. Shit, celebrated too soon.... 

I looked first at Ni-ki and then at my brothers, who had furrowed their brows and were looking at me questioningly. 

"Are you lying right now?" asked Sunghoon to me with a poisonous undertone. 

"No! I was really with Vic." I had finally found my voice again. Jay looked indecisively at Sunghoon and at me, and Sunghoon also looked confused between me and Ni-ki. 

"You're welcome to call Vic or her mother if you don't believe me." I crossed my arms in front of my chest, "And where were you after that?" Again, Ni-ki spoke up. That asshole, how I'd love to slap his perfect face right now. 

"I'll be happy to tell my brothers about that later in private." I shot back. I still couldn't believe that he had come here and was now acting up like this. 

"You might as well tell usnow, we've all known each other for quite a long time and Ni-ki is practically family." Were they seriously on his side? Wow how great... 

"No Jay, I'll tell you guys in person later." I repeated and Ni-ki narrowed his eyes slightly and looked at me. Well, you don't get everything you want dear Ni-ki. 

"Alright. Are you hungry Cam? I was just about to offer Ni-ki some food." Jay finally said to break the silence. I was pretty hungry and I wasn't going to give up food because of Ni-ki. 

"Yeah." I said therefore and sat down at the table. Ni-ki knew I didn't want him to stay, which is why he also sat down to spite me. Sunghoon sat down next to Ni-ki and Jay came out of the kitchen and put the plates with the food in front of us and then sat down as well. 

We started eating in silence. After a while, Jay broke the silence. "Cam, why didn't you tell us that you get along with Ni-ki? You've hated each other since the first day you met." He didn't really ask that now. 

Ni-ki and Sunghoon gave each other a meaningful sideways glance, and I stifled a roll of my eyes. "Because it's not true. I still can't stand him, and I never will. I don't see why I have to say anything that isn't true." Ni-ki's gaze shifted to me. 

Jay and Sunghoon were talking about homework while I was poking at my food and avoiding Ni-ki's gaze.