40 ¦ Good Boy Gone Bad

"Camila- " Oh no, he wants me to tell him. 

I opened the door, pushed him out, stepped out myself and closed the door behind us. For safety, so my brothers wouldn't hear us. I don't think I've ever been so torn in my life. Slowly, I exhaled and then looked at him. 

"You probably want to know if I felt anything when we kissed, don't you?" I said softly, trying to stall for time to think. 

"Yes." He replied curtly. 

Again, I looked down at the floor. "I didn't feel anything." I said without any emotion in my voice.

"Can you say that while looking into my eyes?" He asked, lifting my chin with his hand. He looked at me with raised eyebrows and I sighed, taking his hand away from my chin. 

"Even if I had felt something, it doesn't matter." I opined. 

"So you felt something?" He sounded a little hopeful. But he wasn't supposed to sound hopeful.

"Ni-ki we could never be together. We're too different and we don't fit together." He frowned and was about to say something, but I interrupted him and continued. 

"You must have had a hundred girlfriends and Yeonjun is just my first boyfriend. What if you get bored of me and cheat on me? With everything that's said about you, and it's definitely not all lies, I could never trust you that much. And now please don't tell me that people change. People do change, but not fundamentally and not that quickly...Besides, I'm not your type, you said so yourself when you picked me up from school before Sunghoon's party. Your last girlfriend was Lilien and Lilien and I are worlds apart. It would never work out between us and I just want to spare myself the pain." 

As I talked, I noticed my eyes starting to water. I tried with all my might not to let a tear fall.

"Camila, I- " Ni-ki's look turned sad and he wanted to put his hand to my cheek, but I took a step back. 

"Please just don't say anything Ni-ki. I just told you a lot of reasons why it would never work between us and I think we should go our separate ways from now on, because even friends we couldn't be. We're too different." 

Unfortunately, I couldn't stop a tear from welling up, at which point I quickly turned and walked back into the house before he could say anything back. I stopped at the door, hoping he wouldn't knock or ring the bell. And after 5 minutes of silence, I went upstairs to my room. Don't cry Camila, don't cry!

I sat down on my bed and tried to calm down. I didn't know if it had been a good and right decision, or if I had made the biggest mistake of my life. My cell phone snapped me out of my thoughts again and I was briefly afraid it was Ni-ki. I picked it up and read the message. 

Hey baby, are you coming to the hospital tomorrow after school? I'm being discharged. -Yeonjun

I sighed, whether from relief or some other reason, and put my phone away again. I would answer Yeonjun later. When I calmed down a bit, I got up and went to the bathroom to take a shower.