23 ¦ Zero Moment

No no no! Going home with Ni-ki was the last thing I wanted at that moment. I turned back to Jay and looked at him with wide eyes. He seemed to understand.

"It's okay Ni-ki, I can ask Jake." He replied to him. "Knowing Jake, I'm sure he doesn't feel like driving another half hour back and then coming back here." Said Ni-ki and I wondered why he wasn't with his Lilien.

A few minutes ago they were making out and now he's suggesting to drive me home?

"I'm sure he'll do it for Camila's sake." Sunghoon replied. Well, I wasn't so sure about that. "I told you I'd drive her." Ni-ki sounded annoyed.

Before Jay or Sunghoon could say anything, Jake came back. "Jake, could you please drive Camila home?" Jay asked him immediately.

"No need. I'll drive her." Said Ni-ki to Jake and I bit my lower lip.

"You sure? I can bring her. It's all right for me. But if you really insist to go, go ahead." Well Shit.

Ni-ki laughed and Jake sat back down on his towel. Jay sighed and looked at me. "I'll go with you then." He said to Ni-ki, who rolled his eyes.

I didn't want to be alone with Ni-ki, but I also didn't want Jay to go just because of me. "Stay here, they'll be fine on their own." Sunghoon put a hand on Jay's arm and Jay looked first at his hand and then at me.

"It's okay. You can stay here." I stifled a sigh.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. When I get home, I'll lie down in my bed and rest." I assured him and stood up.

I gathered my things and went into a changing room to change quickly. When I came out, Ni-ki was already waiting for me with Jake's car keys in his hand.

After saying goodbye to everyone, with Yeonjun pulling me into a hug, Ni-ki and I walked to Jake's car. It was quiet in the car for the first few minutes and honestly I hoped it would stay that way. But no, my prayers are never answered.

"Why do you want to go home already?" Ni-ki interrupted the silence. "I don't feel well." I replied, to which he muttered something about 'Yeonjun' and 'touching'.

"What?" I looked at him questioningly. "Nothing." His gaze remained on the road. I looked out the window again.

"Why did you insist on driving me home?" I asked after a while. "I know Jake wouldn't have minded driving me, after all."

He shrugged his shoulders. "Jake wouldn't have really wanted to and I was bored anyway." Bored, when? Making out with Lilien didn't look boring to me....

The rest of the drive was pretty quiet, most of the time we just listened to the radio and after half an hour we finally got there and Ni-ki parked in front of my house. "Thanks for driving." I looked at him for a moment and opened the car door. He also opened his car door and I looked at him confused. "Why are you getting out too?"

"You said you were feeling sick, so I'm coming in to take care of you." He explained and I widened my eyes. "Oh no no. You don't have to. I can take care of myself." I definitely didn't want him to come in with me.