4 ¦ Escape Time

(This is Balou)

(This is Balou)

06:00 PM

We have been walking through the lively streets of Manhattan for almost an entire hour. I have to say I love this city but sometimes I would prefer to live in a city with less activity, I mean New York is not called the city that never sleeps for no reason.

I must say I really enjoy Jake's presence. He's a very positive person and lovable, sometimes a little too flirty but that's what I like about him. He just reminds me of a golden retriever every time, he's my fav aussie boy.

"Wanna talk about what happened this morning between you and our youngster?" 

Of course, he knows. Ni-ki must have told him a whole new story in which I am portrayed as the bad guy. "It's not a big deal" I tell him. It's better if I keep my mouth shut on this one, because otherwise I won't be able to stop talking about it.

"Don't hold back, Cam. I know you're lying, and I know you want to let it all out. So please go ahead, I always have an open ear for you and you know I won't tell the others." And so I told him everything from the beginning of the story but this time from MY perspective, while we were walking home.

"I totally understand you. The least he could have done was to help you up, that little moron. So as for manners, I'll have to have another talk with him. Hahaha but fate really loves you, what did you do to always run into him?" "I wish I knew Jake, and the fact that you're all friends with him doesn't make it any better, because that way I only have to see him even more. Ugh, life really loves me." He just laughed about it. 

"Hey, want some bad news?"

"Not really but go on." "Well look in front of you." Oh... we were already at our hose. Well, that was fast, how long had we been walking around? Wait what, we've been around the city for two hours? Wow, that went over pretty fast. "Do you think the others have left yet?" I was praying about it internally. 

But my hopes vanished when I saw Heeseung andJungwon's car, because I knew that they all always drove with these two afterschool and I don't understand why, I mean every one of them can drive and has acar.

When we opened the front door, the boys' loud voices came from the living room. "Looks like we won't be missed, which means we can go out a-" "Ah, there you are. I wondered where you two have gone as you both didn't answer your phones but when I didn't see Balou either I knew you'd gone for a walk with him." 

After his welcoming words, Jay took me in his arms, I mean, it's also the first time we've seen each other today, since my dear brothers went to school without me in the morning and Vic and I didn't eat in the cafeteria at lunchtime.

"Do you want to eat with us, or have you already eaten something on the way?" came loudly from the kitchen. Jake and I gave each other a look that meant I'm-so-hungry. We both literally ran into the kitchen to see what Heeseung was cooking with Jay. 

"Well, I'm hungry, looking at Jake I'd say the same about him, so we'd like to join you for dinner. Thanks for asking, my dearest Heeseungie" 

He just gave me an annoyed sideways glance, he hated that nickname, but I thought it was pretty cute and it suits him too, I mean how can you not find someone with those big Bambi eyes cute?

"Where is the rest of you guys?" "Jungwon and all? They're in the living room, what exactly they're doing I don't know. But when I was still there, they were playing Just Dance but since I don't hear music anymore, I think they're playing something else or all hanging on their phones." After a few seconds he added," Why are you missing someone?"

I hated that smirk that was spreading across his face. I punched him in the arm and just gave him a scowl. 

"I just wanted to know if Sunghoon was still mad at me. He certainly was this morning." He gave me a you-serious-look to which I just shrugged my shoulders in reply.

"So, I'm going up to the room, can you call when dinner is ready?" he just gave me a nod of his head and I was gone around the corner.

I literally threw my things into my room and changed into something more comfortable and was off to our dance room. Oh yes, I have been dancing since I was little and my brothers have also found their fun in dancing, which is why we have our own dance studio in our house.

"Huh why is music coming from this room? As if Sunghoon is here when the boys are with us?"

I opened the door just a crack and couldn't believe my eyes.

"You've got to be kidding me." Standing in the middle of the room was none other than Ni-ki himself. Since he made no effort to notice me, I just stood in the doorway and watched him. Well, he certainly didn't suck at dancing, that's for sure.