16 ¦ Just A Little Bit

Time Skip; Thursday

Vic spent the night at my place last night and we were preparing for the party. I have never been so scared of my own party. I was constantly imagining what could go wrong. It was a terrible idea to say okay.

With my laptop on my lap, I sat back on my bed, Victoria beside me. I stared at the friendship invitation from Ni-ki and the pointer hovered over the 'Accept' button. 

"Caaaaaaaaami!" I looked up in surprise as Vic shouted at me. "Do you have any idea what I just asked you?" She asked and I shook my head innocently, to which she sighed. "I asked you if you had ordered the pizzas yet?" She repeated her question. 

"Shit, I knew I forgot something." I bit my bottom lip and grabbed my head. "It's okay, I'll call, you go take a shower. But hurry up, we still have to change." I just nodded, then looked back at my screen. 

In the next second I had already printed to 'accept' and quickly closed the laptop. Then I quickly rushed to the bathroom. While I was showering, my mind was buzzing all the time about college students being at my party. And also especially twelfth graders from my grade that I couldn't stand, including this one particular twelfth grader. Who I was now... friends with? At least on Instagram. Get it together, Cam! He's not even gonna pay attention to you, and that's a good thing. 

I turned the water a little hotter and lathered my hair with shampoo. I need to stop making myself so crazy about this party! When I had showered, I slipped into my bathrobe and wrapped my hair in a towel. Then I went back downstairs to the living room and found Victoria sitting on the sofa talking on the phone. "Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing you today too." She said into her mobile phone with a big grin. 

This doesn't seem like the pizza service to me.... A moment later Vic looked up and saw me. "Oh, I have to hang up now....Jap, see you." With those words she hung up and stood up grinning. 

"I didn't know you had a thing with the pizza guy." I wiggled my eyebrows knowingly and she rolled her eyes. "Yeah yeah... Are you done showering?" She asked me, coming towards me. 

"No, I just put on a bathrobe for fun and wrapped my hair in a towel." I smiled sweetly at her and she narrowed her eyes into slits. "Stop bullying me!" She pulled a pout and I laughed. "Let's get ready." I said and we went back upstairs to my room.

After 1.5 hours of making ourselves pretty, dancing loudly to the music, and half an hour of discussing what to wear, we were finally ready. Vic was wearing a cute, dark blue dress with black, slightly see-through tights. She had braided her blonde hair into a side braid.

"Heeseung's eyes will fall out." I assured her and she looked at herself in the mirror with satisfaction. Finally, I put some lip gloss on my lips and then looked at myself in the mirror too. I was wearing a pair of black skinny jeans with gold zips on the sides and a burgundy crop top. My hair fell in loose waves over my shoulders. 

It was just before 6pm and we were checking downstairs to make sure everything was there for the party. The doorbell rang and just then I remembered something else. "Vic, go ahead and open the door, I have to do something quickly." I explained quickly and ran upstairs. Since I have college students as guests today, I should lock a few doors for safety. 

After locking my door, I locked the bathroom as well. Just as I was about to lock my parents' old bedroom, I remembered that I didn't have a key to their room. Shit... The front doorbell rang a second time and I heard Vic open the door. I sighed in frustration, just closed the door without locking it and went downstairs. I just had to hope no one went in there.