5 ¦ Dancing with the enemy

I don't know how long I stood at the door, the only thing I remember is that I suddenly stepped into the room and danced along with the choreo of Run BTS that he was doing, because I also knew this dance by heart.

It was as if my body itself reacted and forgot who was standing there in front of me.

I could see the surprise in Ni-ki's eyes, but he didn't say anything and just continued dancing. So, we both danced in silence to three more songs. During the fourth song, he dropped to the floor and watched me finish the CHEERS choreo from Seventeen. 

I hoped mentally that this song would never stop, because that meant that I would have to talk to him or wait, actually I can just run out of the room, but no, I won't let myself sink to such a childish level.

The last few beats of the song played, and I moved a little further away from Ni-ki as I sat down on the floor as well. I laid down on my back and closed my eyes.

Ni-ki must have turned down the volume of the Music Box with his mobile phone, because there was a song by The Weeknd playing in the background in quiet tones.

I was surprised that he had such similar taste in music as me.

I felt his gaze on me, yet I didn't open my eyes and enjoyed the quiet notes of 'I was never there'.

Suddenly I felt a hand on my face, gently pushing aside some strands of my hair that were sticking to my face due to the sweating from dancing. I was so surprised by this action that I almost shrieked.

Wait, this is still Ni-ki, what the hell am I missing out? I opened my eyes and suddenly sat up. Ni-ki just looked at his hand in surprise, I don't think he quite knew what he had just done.

I cleared my throat, and it was as if he realised, he wasn't alone in the room after all.

"I didn't know you could dance." He just laughed. "And I didn't know you were that good."

Wow, was that actually a compliment from Ni-ki?

I scooted a little closer to him, so that I was sitting right in front of him, he just looked at me questioningly but didn't say anything. So, I placed my palm on his forehead.

"Hmm, so you don't have a fever." He looked at me as if I were from the moon.

"Why would I have a fever?" "I don't know but why would you be so nice to me without throwing some stupid comment at me?" I asked him the counter question.

We just looked at each other for a few moments and then started laughing.

"This is absurd" He just looked at me with a questioning look that said something like 'What?'

"Absurd how we've been in the same room for 30 minutes without insulting each other or without me wanting to hit you with something."

The confusion in his expression disappeared and it was like he was starting to realize who was actually sitting in front of him.

"Don't think I like you now just because we danced some choreos together. I only did it because I can't kick you out of this room when it's your house"

With these words he stood up and walked out of the room.

And there he was again, the Ni-ki I knew.

"Tsk, as if I expected anything else from him."