36 ¦ Fake Love

"To the hospital? Why?" I was really worried.

"I'm um... I'm lying in the hospital and I need to talk to you." He explained.

"Okay." Still a little shocked, I asked where he was lying and then immediately went to the hospital. Luckily, the hospital wasn't very far away, so I arrived a while later and went to find Yeonjun's room.

As soon as I opened the door and saw Yeonjun, my blood froze in my veins. I immediately realized why he was in the hospital. He turned his head to me and tried to smile. I put my hand to my mouth and walked into the room, closing the door behind me.

"Yeonjun..." I mumbled and sat down by the bed. I still couldn't believe how he looked.

"It looks worse than it is." He whispered.

"I'm sure it's not." I replied.

"You got beat up?" I asked and he nodded slightly. I couldn't help but take his hand in mine.

"By who?" Was my next question.

"I don't know if you want to hear this." He said.

"But of course I want to hear it! Tell me." Deep inside me was a part that definitely didn't want to hear it.

"Ni-ki..." I should have guessed, but still I was shocked and most of all disappointed. I was so sure that he wouldn't touch Yeonjun because, after all, I had 'calmed' him down somewhat. Or not?

"I'm sorry." I whispered and squeezed his hand lightly. "It's okay, it's not your fault." Yes it is, I told him about the kiss....

"I wanted to ask you something." Yeonjun continued and looked me in the Eyes.

"Yes?" He looked so hurt and sad.

"I know we haven't known each other long and you wanted to take it slow." He paused and my heart, started racing. Is he now asking me what I am thinking, that he asks? What should I answer?!

"But I feel the chemistry between the two of us. And we can always take it slow, even if you are my girlfriend. Camila, would you like to be my girlfriend?" I stared at him and felt him squeeze my hand. He looked at me so expectantly and it tore my heart to see him hurt so physically. I didn't want to hurt him emotionally as well. At that point, I didn't know if my answer was the right one, but I answered out of pity.

"Yes." A smile formed on his face, but then he grimaced painfully because of it. His whole face had to hurt. He put the hand he had been holding mine in to my cheek and gently pulled me down. His lips were on mine a few seconds later and this time I replied properly, after all he was my boyfriend. A minute later we disengaged and he looked at me happily, which made me smile.

"How long have you been lying here?" I asked.