51 ¦ Pacify Her

"OMG I love you too!!!" I jumped into his arms and kissed him and we lived happily ever after....

JUST KIDDINGGGGGG :D That didn't happen, of course. It would be too boring ;)

---

"You...you love me?" I whispered, after what felt like an eternity. The boy, still lying on the ground, sat up with a groan. My eyes wandered back to him and I helped him stand up. 

"You should go now." I said to Ni-ki. 

"Camila..." He wanted to keep talking, but I interrupted him. 

"We'll...talk later, okay?" Ni-ki looked torn. He didn't know if he should stay or go. Luckily, he decided to leave after all. 

"Nice friend you got there..." The guy looked at me and wiped his blood from under his nose again. 

"Sorry about that. He um...can be pretty..." I searched for the right words to describe Ni-ki, which wasn't so easy. 

"That's okay. I'll tell the teacher I fell down." Surprised, I looked at him after he said that.

"Why?" I couldn't hide my confusion and a slight smirk formed on his face.

"I don't want any stress. But you also have to say that I fell down." He looked at me, waiting for my answer. I nodded slightly, then he walked past me, back to the others. I looked around again for a moment and when I saw that Ni-ki was nowhere to be seen, I walked back as well.

"Oh my goodness. What happened?" The teacher immediately spotted his bleeding and somewhat swollen nose. 

"I fell, face down on a rock." I was a little nervous because I didn't really like the lie. I had a feeling that the teacher would immediately look at us and see that we were lying. 

"Really?" She frowned a little and then looked at me. Her look was reproachful. 

"What? You think I hit him?" I asked, a little horrified. Do I look like someone who hits people?

"No." She answered, but from her voice I could hear that she was not quite sure. Therefore, to prove it, I showed her my knuckles. 

"If I had hit him, at least they would be a little red." I added. 

"She didn't hit me. I fell down." The boy next to me assured her, and she nodded curtly. 

"You should go back to the hostel. I'd go with you, but we're not at our destination yet. Do you think you can walk back alone with a second person?" Asked the teacher as I looked at his nose again. I wasn't a doctor, but it didn't look broken. 

"Sure." He answered her. 

"Who can walk back with him?" She turned to the others and one girl raised her hand.