46 ¦ Illusion

Victoria and I didn't really talk much anymore about Heeseung and Ni-ki being there. I mean, we couldn't stop it, after all. Even if I wanted to try. 

The next morning we were woken up by a loud knock on our door. Our teacher said we had to go to breakfast. I slowly opened my eyes and then rubbed them as I sat up. After we changed and were in the bathroom, Vic and I went downstairs where some were already sitting at the tables eating breakfast. 

"What are we doing today anyway?" Vic asked me as we also sat down with food on our trays. 

"I think today we're going to a town not far from here and we're going to a museum." I reminded myself. Victoria sighed.

"How exciting. A museum." I laughed slightly at her expression and started eating. Honestly, I was glad we were going somewhere else because I really doubted Ni-ki would follow us. 

 About an hour later, we were on the bus and headed for the small town. I hadn't seen Ni-ki yet and I was relieved about that. The ride didn't take long, so we were soon there, all got off and headed to the museum. The weather was really nice, which lifted my mood even more. 

When we got to the museum and put all our stuff down, a woman came up to us and started showing us around and talking historical stuff. Along the way we got to look at the art and I went to a gold vase that was in a display case. I was kind of so fixated on the paintings on the vase that I didn't notice that I bumped into someone. 

"Oh, sorry." I said quickly, taking a step back from the person and then looking at them. My heart stopped when I saw who I had bumped into. "What are you doing here?" I whispered, afraid that the teacher might see him. 

"I'm looking at art." Ni-ki grinned innocently and looked at a painting hanging on the wall. 

"You don't believe that yourself." I rolled my eyes and he looked at me again. 

"You know, these paintings are quite beautiful, but I'd rather stare at you for hours. You're beautiful." He took my chin in his hand and I looked into his eyes. I could feel my cheeks getting hot. "And to stare at you, I don't even have to pay admission." He smirked and I pressed my lips together. But when I heard my teacher's voice, I took his hand away from my chin and took a step back. 

"Ni-ki you really need to get out of here. If my teacher sees you here..." I didn't finish the sentence because I didn't want to think about what might happen. 

"Don't worry, your teacher doesn't know me." He said calmly, but I frowned. 

"Even if you don't have a class with her, I'm sure she's just seen you around school before." Before Ni-ki can answer, I hear my teacher again.

"Someone is missing, who is missing?" I snapped my eyes open and quickly rounded the corner to my group. 

"I'm here! Sorry, I was too busy looking at the artwork." The teacher nodded curtly and we all moved on. I quickly looked behind and was relieved when I didn't see Ni-ki. Maybe he was listening to me. And indeed, I didn't see him the rest of the time in the museum, but I couldn't concentrate on the artworks and even more so on the woman who was telling us all about them, because around every corner I thought Ni-ki was standing there.