52 ¦ Die For You

"You wanted to make me jealous?" I repeated, and he nodded slightly. I snorted. 

"Wow, how mature of you." I grumbled. 

"I told you the reason was stupid..." He said meekly. I ran a hand through my hair and turned away from him a bit. 

"It really hurted me to see you two together." I said honestly and he turned me back towards him. Honestly, I didn't want to look at him right now.

"I'm really sorry sweetheart. I didn't care about lilien." I looked to him and tried to read in his eyes if he was telling the truth. I didn't know what else to say. 

"Do you love me too?" Ni-ki whispered, stroking my lower lip with his thumb. I swallowed and my heart started hammering loudly in my chest. So hard that it almost hurt.

"I..." I began and Ni-ki stared at my lips, hoping the three words would come out of my mouth. 

"I'm scared." I finished my sentence. Those were definitely not the words he wanted to hear. He frowned at me. 

"Afraid of me?" He asked in amazement. 

"No...Yes...I'm afraid of you breaking my heart." I whispered, feeling my eyes start to burn and then moisten. I was just so torn, was it worth taking a chance? 

"Sweetheart-" he started. 

"No Ni-ki, no matter what you say, it won't take away this fear." As a tear ran down my cheek, I quickly looked down.

"You've broken so many girls' hearts. How do I know I won't just be another one of those girls? How do I know I won't get boring to you after just a few weeks? You can't guarantee it for me." By the last sentence, I was sobbing. I could feel his thumbs running over my cheeks as he wiped away my tears. But it was no use, because more tears kept coming. Ni-ki pulled my head back up so I was looking at him. 

"In love, there are no guarantees. We don't know if we'll be together for another 10 years or 2 weeks, but for me it's worth to try. Sweetheart, if you don't allow love because of the risk that it may end someday, then you can't be happy. I'm happy to take the risk and you know why? Because you make me happy." I sobbed one more time and bit my lower lip as the tears continued to flow down my cheeks like a waterfall. His words flashed through my mind, forcing me to think. 

"Do you think I'm not afraid that you might break my heart? You're the only girl that I'm sure can break my heart. But I don't want to think about that, I want to think about the beautiful moments we could have together." Why does he say that? Is he trying to reassure me or not? If so, he should stop saying such sweet words. 

"Ni-ki..." I exhaled and tried to calm down, not really succeeding. 

"Wait. Don't tell me your answer yet, let's leave here first. To a nice place and I'll prove to you that love is worth the risk." He took my hand in his and I nodded slightly.