15 ¦ Scent of you

As I closed the front door behind me, I breathed in and out deeply with relief. As I did so, a familiar and good-smelling scent rose to my nose. Confused, I sniffed again and finally realised that my scarf smelled so good. 

It smelt of him....of his perfume. 

I couldn't help but take another deep breath. But shortly afterwards I realised how strange it was. Luckily, no one had seen me. 

I quickly went to my room, dropped onto the bed and picked up my mobile phone. 

"Hello, the greatest friend in the world speaking. What can I do for you?" Victoria said as she answered my call, which made me grin. "Oh sorry, I must have the wrong number." I replied to her, stifling a laugh. "I highly doubt that." Now I had to laugh and she joined in. 

"I'm calling to ask what we need for the party the day after tomorrow." I explained after we had calmed down. "That's right, we have to go shopping tomorrow after school because Thursday and Friday are holidays and nothing is open. Have you actually told everyone?" Asked Vic. I sat up and went to my desk. I fished a pen and a notepad out of my drawer.

"Yes I texted everyone to come to my party on Thursday at 6pm." By everyone, I meant my typical party guests. That is, almost all the sophomores at our school (with the exception of Lilien and Amanda, of course). I never invite anyone else. Firstly because we all know each other well and always have a lot of fun partying and secondly because they are decent party guests. They can have fun without destroying things, taking drugs and drinking loads of alcohol. 

After me and Vic thought and wrote down what we needed, we hung up and I sat back on my bed and took my laptop on my lap. I logged onto Instagram and saw that I had a friend request from Ni-ki. Wait, what? FROM NI-KI?! 

I blinked a few times and refreshed the page even to make sure it wasn't a mistake. Ni-ki and I had never had anything to do with each other after all, well apart from the hickey last Saturday we alwasy fighted if he was at our house hanging out with the boys.

By the way, it still hadn't started to fade. 

 Should I accept the request? Why should I? We don't even really know each other. It's just a stupid friend request on Instagram, it's not like he wants to marry you! 

I hated that this boy was buzzing in my head like that. I chose to decide later if I should accept him or not and watched a movie instead.

Wednesday; 06:00 PM

The next day flew by, for which I was very grateful. After school, Vic and I went out to buy things for the party, as we had agreed. 

When we had bought almost all the things, we bumped into Lilien and, who would have thought it, Amanda. At first I thought they would just ignore us like they usually do, but no, unfortunately Lilien came up to us and spoke to us. 

My lucky day. 

"I hear you're having a party at your place tomorrow." She smiled at me like we didn't hate each other. "Yeah." I replied curtly, hoping she understood that I didn't want to talk to her.