Chapter 15 Going up the mountain and harvesting

"Think about the food your mother saved, why? Who doesn't want to live? Who doesn't know how hard it is to be hungry?"

What can I say? Only those who suffer know, and only those who are hungry know.

Liu Weimin is the same.

Almost the whole Liujiatun has tasted the taste of hunger. At this time, the desire to survive has overcome everything, and they desperately grasp the life-saving straw.

The next day was still a sunny day.

Jiandan opened the door and saw Liu Weimin smiling like a chrysanthemum.

"Uncle, what are you doing?"

"Xiao Jian, have you rested?"

Although Liu Weimin has always been good to her, she is not used to this unpleasant feeling.

"Uncle, are we going up the mountain?"

Liu Weimin nodded repeatedly.

"Yes, yes, if you have rested, let's go? It's safe to put it in your hand."

"Okay, uncle, wait for me to get a backpack."

I just came back yesterday and took a nap. I ate at the base. There was nothing to pack. I took the backpack and locked the door and set off.

Looking back, almost the entire village was out, carrying baskets, sacks, and hatchets. Although they were still ragged and pale, their faces were full of hopeful smiles.

Jiandan didn't know what to say, but felt that his throat was blocked.

The villagers usually moved around the periphery, looking for wild vegetables and picking firewood, but they were familiar with going up the mountain, and they were not the kind who got tired after walking for a while. At the beginning, they could still chatter.

Walking in, looking at the greener and greener grass, the surprise in their eyes became greater and greater. If Liu Weimin hadn't stopped them again and again, I'm afraid that many wives would have started digging wild vegetables directly.

Too surprised, followed into the edge of the deep mountain, still not paying attention, always looking forward to finding food.

After leading the people to the place, Jiandan also reminded them,

"This place is deep in the mountains."

Seeing this large area, the villagers were so excited that they almost cried on the spot. They didn't even remember the wild vegetables they had been thinking about just now. After hearing what Liu Weimin said, they put down their backpacks and buried their heads in work. These were all food.

Jiandan didn't walk far either. She just wandered around nearby. If a wild beast really came, she could also warn her.

But it was obvious that the villagers had good luck this time, and the whole process was smooth.

They went up the mountain with hope, and it was already night when they came down the mountain, but everyone was extremely satisfied.

The harvest of everyone today filled the yard of the village office. Whether they went up the mountain or not, there were people in and around the yard, staring at the things on the ground and refusing to take their eyes off. Some elderly people's eyes turned red as they watched.

"I thought I was going to die. Who would have thought there would be a way out?"

"Who said it wasn't? I thought I wouldn't eat the few kilograms of coarse grains I was given that day. I would save them to make some porridge for the children so that they could have more meals. I am old and weak. What can I do if I live or not? I can't help the children at all. Am I not just a burden?"