Chapter 136 What to do?

The help she said that day was just a casual remark, but when I think about it, dozens of seedlings must produce at least more than a hundred watermelons. Although she can do it by herself, but now that she is simple and low-key, she leaves everyone with the impression that she is simple and concise. To put it bluntly, she is lazy. She has a good reason. I am still young and growing up.

Then, when I saw these two young farmhands, well, it's good. If she wants to send them away later, she doesn't have a reason. Isn't this ready-made? Anyway, she has nothing to do now, so I will just keep her company.

Liujiatun used to grow watermelons many years ago, but the yield was extremely low and the taste was average. The years after that were getting worse and worse. It was either war or natural disasters. The stomach was important, and no one had the leisure to make this thing that was not worth eating and drinking.

However, several old people have eaten it. After returning, Mr. Liu Sanye and his wife heard about it and specially taught Huzi how to distinguish what is ripe and what is raw.

What to say, Lou?

How is that possible? This is food, how can it be left to go bad?

That is, even if it goes bad, it is still a good thing.

As for the adults, no one from the two families came. They said they would ask the children to help. Besides, there were only a circle of plants at the base of the garden. They would not be tired. The adults always felt uncomfortable when they went, as if they were thinking about the little girl's food.

I have to say that the children in the countryside are different. They got the hang of it after a simple instruction.

Except that Xiaohua couldn't hold it and had to ask Huzi for help, it was much smoother than the simple speed.

"Sister Jian, are these all placed under the front house?"

After all, there was really no cheating in this watermelon. Ah, except for the seeds, which were found in the base, the rest of the growing environment and conditions were all field experiences in Liujiatun, so the fruits were really not big, not much bigger than the mine watermelons in later generations. The big one could be about 12 or 13 jin, and the small ones were 5 or 6 jin, 7 or 8 jin.

The children cooperated very well. When the big Huzi came, an eight-year-old boy in the countryside was already half a labor force, which was not a problem for him at all.

The smaller Heidan could be carried, and the smallest Xiaohua, which weighed five or six kilograms, could also be carried.

It can be said that Jiandan had almost no worries. When she realized that she was a little tired, she had already reached the other end of the garden, which means that they were almost halfway done.

When she looked up, the sun was up, and then she looked at the time. It was past ten in the morning.

After working for more than two hours, the three children's faces were red, and sweat was running down their faces. They didn't pay attention and wiped it with their hands, resulting in black marks on their faces.

Oh, Jiandan blamed herself. Isn't this child labor abuse?

Don't think about anything else. Prepare lunch. After working for a whole morning, can people go home with an empty stomach? That's absolutely impossible.

"Huzi, Xiaohua, Heidan, let's go, let's go back to the front yard and rest for a while."

The children were also tired. When they heard this, they relaxed their energy and their arms were weak. The watermelon in Xiaohua's hand immediately slipped down and broke with a "snap".