Chapter 182 Pickled Duck Eggs

Sun Xiang was praised by people all day, and she was very happy. She agreed repeatedly.

"Okay, okay, this is easy to make. It will be done in a while."

Doing what she likes, Sun Xiang's expression is more formal.

"Xiao Jian, do you have any wine at home? It's better to have a higher concentration."

"It seems that there is. I'll go into the house to look for it. Auntie, if you need anything else, I'll find it together."

Sun Xiang waved her hand.

"This thing doesn't need too many things, mainly strong liquor and salt. Do you have bay leaves, pepper, star anise, and cinnamon? If you have some, take some. If not, it's best to use fine salt. The thing is spread evenly and tastes good."

Let's not talk about other things first. This thing is simple. After all, our base is a professional and mature kitchen. Turning around and entering the house, I ran to the shelf at the end of the kang.

There is a curtain hanging on the shelf, which is usually drawn. You can't see what's inside from the outside, so it is also convenient for simple cheating.

After taking a pot of loose wine, a large bag of unpacked fine salt, and a few seasonings, Sun Xiang smacked her lips,

"Oh my god, you are so wasteful, you don't need to use so much.

The wine is just enough to wet the duck eggs and get them wet with salt. Oh, this salt is really fine."

At this time, the salt commonly used in rural areas was still coarse-grained salt, which was similar to the kind used to pickle pickles today. Even this was not cheap, and it was a considerable expense for farmers.

Jiandan had bought some from the supply and marketing cooperative, but she just put them outside to show off. She usually used the seasonings from the base, so she was stunned for a moment before she realized what was happening. She quickly tried to make up for it.

"Right? I just mentioned the salt granules I bought, and my sister bought me a big bag of fine salt. How long will it take me to finish it?"

Although it was a bit like Versailles, it was a good excuse. After all, everyone in Liujiatun knew that Xiao Jian had an uncle and a sister who often mailed her big packages. Especially after the cloth incident last year, everyone was curious and surprised about her packages.

But this year, although she still sent letters and mailed things, Jiandan kept most of them. She understood the principle of gratitude and resentment.

Last year, she was really on the verge of starvation. She couldn't just watch it. But this year was not like that. In fact, this year was a good year with good weather and good harvests. So she had been hiding since spring. It was really unnecessary.

Giving timely assistance and adding icing on the cake have completely different effects. She doesn't need to do it again. Over time, more times, it might increase some people's appetite. She won't do stupid things to dig a hole for herself.

Fortunately, although Sun Xiang was envious, she was not a shallow-eyed person. After a few words, she started to work.

Add water to the big pot, throw in bay leaves, pepper, star anise, and cinnamon, and boil over high heat.

"With these things, there is no need for fine salt. Anyway, it has to be boiled, so coarse salt will do."

Sprinkle a handful of coarse salt in, stir vigorously with a spoon, and wait until it is completely melted before serving it out and putting it aside to dry.

Fetch water in a large basin, soak the duck eggs in it to make them clean, pick them out and put them in a dustpan, and they will dry in a while in this autumn breeze.

Carefully put them into the jar one by one.

At this time, the large basin of water was almost cold. Sun Xiang poured the white wine into it and stirred it evenly, and then poured the mixed water into the jar, which was almost full.

"Okay, find something to seal the jar, put it in a cool place, and it will be ready to eat in one to one and a half months."

Looking at her smooth movements, it is admirable that she is simple, but this is her weakness.

"Okay,"

I immediately went back to the house to find a piece of plastic cloth, tied the mouth of the jar tightly with a rope, looked around, and put it in a row with the pickle jar. It was all done, so she stood up and clapped her hands,

"It's done! Third grandma, aunt, are you tired? Eat here tonight and taste my cooking skills?"

If nothing else, she is very skilled in iron pot stewing.

But the two shook their heads repeatedly,

"Come on, stop making trouble. It's only a short day. You should be quiet for a while and take a rest. We'll go back now."

Sun Xiang also refused,

"Xiao Jian, why are you being polite to us? This is not tiring, it's just a simple job. You can clean up the rest by yourself. We'll go back first. Remember to find us if you have anything. Hu Zi always comes here. You can order him around if you have any work. Don't be polite."

Okay, she also guessed that they would not stay for dinner.

"Okay, then I won't be polite to you. Let Hu Zi and Xiao Hua stay and play. We'll go back later."

Neither the mother-in-law nor the daughter-in-law looked back, obviously relieved,

"Hu Zi, don't make trouble!"

Hu Zi and Xiao Hua played with Jixiang and the others. When they saw that their mother was leaving, they didn't feel reluctant at all and came over,

"Sister Jian, is there any work I can do for you?"

He helped transport the cabbage and radish. His mother took away all the work in the afternoon. Hu Zi was very unhappy.

After a quick look around, she was told to clean up by herself. Actually, there was nothing left. There were only some vegetable leaves on the ground. She could just sweep them up.

"Can you help me clean up these vegetable leaves? And then help me deliver some things later, okay?"

Hu Zi was happy to accept whatever you said.

It would be wrong if she didn't show some appreciation for others' help. However, she also knew that they would not accept too many or expensive things.

After thinking about it, since they were not eating here, she would cook it and let Hu Zi take it back.

For the time being, the only thing she could offer was stewing in an iron pot, so she could only make this.

Beans, potatoes, and squash were all ready. She definitely couldn't put too much meat in them, otherwise they wouldn't want it. After thinking about it, she put a fish and a pheasant. Anyway, they knew that she went up the mountain, and they also knew that she reached out, so this was acceptable.

Afraid that they would think too much, I put a lot of beans, potatoes and squash, almost taking up more than half of the food. In the end, I buried my head at the bottom of the food. Then I held it and called Hu Zi, "Hu Zi, can you carry it?" A deep enamel basin with a lid was placed in the backpack. As long as it was not dropped, it was still very safe. Hu Zi picked it up, "It's not heavy, I can carry it. Sister, who should I send it to?" Jiandan purred his small flat head, "Go and help sister send it to your home. If you have time tomorrow, help me send the basin and backpack back. Can you complete this task?" Xiaohua was stunned. Huh? Send it to your own home? Hu Zi also scratched his head, "Sister, is it for us to eat? But my grandma said she doesn't want to eat." "You are still worrying about it. Just go back and give it to your grandma."