Chapter 183: Trick the Kids, Prepare for Winter

Hu Zi hesitated. He saw that it was a basin. It smelled delicious. It must be delicious. Maybe there was meat.

Although he was drooling, he hesitated more. Wouldn't he be beaten by his grandma if he took it back?

Jian Dan thought it was funny.

"You kid, why are you so worried? Your grandma didn't say anything and told you to listen to me?"

Hu Zi started scratching his head again.

"...Yeah."

"That's it? This is still my home. Don't you have to listen to me? If your grandma wants to say something to you, just say it."

Hu Zi's little brain turned for a long time. He just felt that this was a bit wrong, but he didn't figure it out. He was fooled by Jian Dan and carried the basket back. He knew what was in it and had to protect it carefully. If it fell or spilled, he would be heartbroken.

Jiandan had no guilt at all. She sent the people away, clapped her hands and went back to the house. She looked at the jars of various sizes along the wall and felt very satisfied. These were all the family assets.

Although she was not the one working, she was very tired from climbing up and down. She simply took a bowl of vegetables and two steamed buns to solve the dinner.

The next day was still a sunny day.

The crops were harvested and distributed. This place only produces one crop per year. The remaining work was just the finishing work. At this time, it was basically the villagers who went to work. They were reluctant to waste work points, and they would not miss any opportunity to earn work points.

The educated youths were tired for an autumn, and finally had some free time, but they were unwilling to suffer this hardship again.

Even the new educated youths who had just survived the food shortage crisis a few days ago were no exception. They had just distributed food, and they were not as miserable as they were when they begged for help.

Li Yan looked down on them and was so angry that she complained to Lin Zhaodi,

"Look at them, it's just like this, isn't this what the villagers said, they can't do anything, and they have nothing left over after eating?

They just ate like this after the food was distributed, how can they survive until next spring? Won't they run out of food again during the New Year?"

"But didn't the village chief say it when the food was distributed? He emphasized it twice, and they don't care, what can we do?"

"Yes, they are all adults, what don't they know? Don't worry about it, maybe they just want to improve their situation after the food was distributed?"

Li Yan sighed,

"I want to pretend that I don't see it, but don't come to us when the food is out?"

When the food was out a few days ago, although it was the old educated youth who lent a hand, looking at the situation of the new educated youth, it doesn't seem like they are grateful, and they still treat them with no regard for them.

Before entering the house just now, Du Xiuling snorted at Lin Zhaodi fiercely, and then swung her braids into the room, which made Lin Zhaodi confused.

Thinking of this, I was a little worried,

"It seems to be true. Just now, that Du Zhiqing looked at me with a vicious look. I don't know how I offended her."

Tan Yajun put away the clothes that had been dried without stopping, and pouted,

"You have to tell me, when did they like us?"

Lin Zhaodi was stunned for a moment, and then reacted,

"It seems...that's right!"

Fortunately, there is another person in charge, Wang Jiancheng, who is more reliable. After eating for two days, he resolutely stopped this unplanned behavior and returned to three meals a day of porridge mixed with grains.

Oh no, it's cold, and it won't be long before it becomes two meals a day.

Li Yan and her friends had stored winter vegetables, and naturally the food was the food they had been given. However, they had collected a lot of mountain products, and they dried and selected them, and put some that could be mixed with food separately, such as chestnuts and sweet potatoes.

Walnuts, hazelnuts, pine nuts, etc. were also saved as snacks for the New Year.

A little more was saved, and they planned to mail them back home before the New Year to try.

A few people discussed that they would go to the commune when they had time to see if the remaining food could be exchanged for some money, or at least for something useful.

They would be heartbroken to have so many good things as snacks.

What they had to prepare for winter was nothing more than food, clothing, and heating.

For the time being, they could still hold on to food. If they could get some meat in winter, it would be even better, but they had to take their time. It was best to have some, but they could survive without it.

As for clothing, they were simple and had no worries about food and clothing.

Li Yan and the others came last year, and they were all from ordinary families. Li Yan and Chen Jianguo were fine, as they could still wear last year's cotton-padded clothes, so they didn't plan to make new ones.

Li Yan and Lin Zhaodi brought old ones when they came, and they had been using them for a year. Li Yan's was fine, but Lin Zhaodi's was thin and leaky. They had been using it for a year, so they planned to find a way to add some cotton early this year.

Both of them were not short of money, but Lin Zhaodi was different from Li Yan. Li Yan's family could occasionally give some support, while Lin Zhaodi was the most neglected one at home. She was short of things and money, and her family wanted her to mail things back, so she didn't even think about support.

So when they lived together, it was because the others had more things, and Lin Zhaodi was quiet, so she always rushed to do the work, for fear of taking advantage of others.

Another thing was that cotton was in short supply, so even if they wanted to make it, it was not possible immediately, because it was not easy to get it together.

As for Lin Dongfang and Mingzhu, although Mingzhu's family was in trouble, they really had everything they needed. Lin Dongfang had someone make a thick cotton coat for them.

Ling Weidong and his group were not short of money either, so they had prepared military coats early.

After discussing this, the next target was naturally the biggest consumable in winter - firewood.

Chen Jianguo and the other boys looked at the firewood in their hands. If they only had to cook, it would be enough, but in winter, especially after a while when it snowed, the house could hardly be kept dry. With this little firewood, they could not do anything.

Li Yan, Lin Zhaodi, and Tan Yajun shared a room. For the male educated youth, Chen Jianguo shared a room, and Ling Weidong shared a room. The firewood for three rooms was not a small amount.

Lin Dongfang and his wife also prepared some, but let alone whether it was enough to survive the winter, it would be difficult to even last until the snow fell.

After hearing everyone's plan, they decisively carried their backpacks and set off with the main group.

In view of the shadow brought by the food shortage, Chen Jianguo immediately found Wang Jiancheng. After explaining the importance of the matter, he no longer cared about their reactions. Several people filed out of the Youth League and headed towards the foot of the mountain.

Seeing them go out, other educated youths gathered around them,

"What are they doing?"

"Yeah, why do they always act alone? It's too ununited?"

Wang Jiancheng looked at him in a daze, and the discomfort in his heart became more and more magnified.