Chapter 97: He seems to be rubbing his hands

They often interacted with each other and were familiar with each other. Jiandan was not polite to her, and Li Yan kept talking and laughing. They arrived at the hillside in a short while.

There were many villagers, but the area on the mountain was large, so there was no competition.

Sun Xiang and Sun Dalian led a few educated youth to find a place where no one was. At first glance, there were a lot of tender greens emerging from the ground. The two of them didn't care about anything else. They put down their backpacks and started digging. For them, these were all importable and filling, and they were all considered food.

Jiandan and the others saw the serious posture and didn't ask much. They followed behind with shovels, looking at their hands and comparing them on the ground to find the same plants.

Fortunately, the two of them had not completely forgotten about them. They were just excited for a while and remembered them after digging for a while. So they introduced them to them a little embarrassedly.

"This is shepherd's purse. This is the most common one now. It is still tender. Go back and chop it up and put it in the porridge. If you are willing, add an egg to make soup and drip a drop of sesame oil when it comes out of the pot. It will be very fresh."

"This is motherwort. It is just beginning now and not too big, but it will be the most tender. It will taste good when you dip it in sauce when you go back."

Several girls almost lay on the ground and stared. Looking with eyes, Sun Dalian said on the side,

"You just arrived, it's normal that you don't know it. Get to know it first, don't dig the wrong one. Some of them look similar, but they can't be eaten just because they are almost the same. If they are not handled well, it will be easy to cause trouble."

"Yes,"

Jian Dan agreed and asked them to look at it.

"Sister-in-law, is this one?"

"What about mine? It looks the same?"

We can't delay others. After thinking that it was almost done, several people ran to the side to dig, and then took it to Sun Xiang and the others for inspection during the break.

Po Po Ding is easy to recognize, and there are not many mistakes. Even Jian Dan can recognize it.

Compared with shepherd's purse, there are more confusions, but after all, there is an old educated youth Tan Yajun. After she looked at it once, there are few mistakes.

"These dandelions and shepherd's purse are so tender. I feel like they will break if I push too hard."

"At this time, they have just sprouted and are the most tender. Wait a minute, especially dandelions, they grow fast. Tomorrow and the day after tomorrow, they will grow bigger and older, and there will be fewer and fewer tender ones."

"This shepherd's purse can be put into porridge and soup when you go back. If you are willing to use it, you can also make dumplings and dry food. They are all good things."

While talking, the speed of collecting did not slow down at all. Li Yan and others admired him very much.

"Tan Zhiqing, you are too fast. I can't see it clearly, and you dug it out."

"What am I doing? Look back at the villagers."

When several people heard the sound, they turned around and were immediately startled. The aunts who were still in this field just now had already run dozens of meters away. They were busy with their heads down. Compared with this, they were simply not worth mentioning.

"Right? For the villagers, crops are part of their food source, and the remaining part is all supplied by the mountains.

There are wild vegetables in spring, mushrooms and wild fruits in summer, mountain products in autumn, and firewood in winter. The mountains are treasures and the villagers' support."

Unlike the drought when we first came here last year, this winter has been full of snowfall, and the spring is thriving. The auspicious snow heralds a good harvest, and it is not an empty talk.

The green on the mountain is just a corner. There are already many green dots in the crop fields, just waiting to be plowed and planted.

"It's true. Look, not only here, but also up there, it seems to be green."

"That's for sure. The sunshine is good up there, so the crops must grow well. But there are just as many dangers up there. I heard there are poisonous snakes."

"The rain is good this year, so it should be a bumper year."

"Yes, the crops grow so well up there."

"I'm exhausted from turning the soil these days. Do you think it will be more tiring to farm in the next few days?"

Tan Yajun has the most say.

"Turning the soil mainly involves physical effort, but farming is not like that. Someone is fertilizing, someone is planting seeds, and someone is watering. I feel the most tired part is my back and waist, because I keep repeating the same action. I remember the biggest feeling I had at that time was that my waist was going to break."

"Ah!"

"Don't panic, you'll get used to it slowly. When we first came here, we didn't have the energy to do anything. Now, after a long time, we can still go up the mountain to dig wild vegetables."

"Yes, this habit is terrible. I always thought I would not be able to do it, but I persisted for so many days."

"Yes, do you feel that you are actually very powerful?"

"It seems, a little bit. I can actually support myself, it's incredible."

"Haha!"

The educated youths didn't have much food left. The staple food now was cornmeal porridge that was thin enough to make people feel refreshed, and each person had a sweet potato. After listening to the villagers' suggestions, they beat an egg in the shepherd's purse and added a pot of soup. Without adding any oil or water, they were very satisfied.

Jiandan naturally wouldn't treat herself badly. Apart from anything else, she was only sixteen after the Chinese New Year and was still a growing child. She didn't want to be a dwarf, so she changed her meals every day to supplement nutrition.

It's not possible without supplementing. That is to say, according to the normal trajectory, she will have at least another ten years before she can go out openly. In other words, the most important years for growth are here, and she can't wait!

Meat and vegetables must be matched. As for today's wild vegetables, they are mixed with delicious sauces. Well, this is not to waste.

After the tillage is over and the farmyard manure is applied, it will soon be the stage of formal planting.

As soon as the sun rose, the bell for work rang. After hearing it many times, Jiandan frowned for a while out of habit, got up, put on the clothes and gloves she found for work, ate a few bites of cakes, and went out.

She has all the good conditions, except for one thing, the location, at the entrance of the village, which is much farther away from the place where she works than others. She is also short-legged, so she has to go out ten minutes in advance every time.

At the village office, several village cadres, including Liu Weimin and Liu Aiguo, were already there. For so many years, farming had a fixed rule, and they started working after a few words of mobilization. Jiandan and several educated youth were assigned to Sun Dalian's group. It was obvious that they were taken care of because they could not do anything, so they were specially asked to lead by Sun Dalian.

In fact, other groups were ready, with some people digging holes, others planting seeds, and then cultivating the soil, and then people followed to water the crops. Jiandan and the others did not look like they were doing tiring work, but they were eager to try.