Chapter 38 Going to the County Town Again

Jian Dan was eager to try, as she had never experienced these things in her previous life.

"Really? I'll have to go and have a look later. I've heard that this is a good thing before, so I'll have to get some and send some to my sister and uncle to try."

"You haven't eaten it before?"

Jian Dan shook her head. The original owner's family was well-off, and even though they handed over all their property later, their living standards didn't drop much, so she really had never eaten it before.

"Oh, I don't have any relatives in the countryside, and no one sends me mail. I heard it's delicious, so I'm going to eat my fill this time."

"Haha,"

Uncle Liu laughed so hard that his black holes with several missing teeth were exposed.

"It's really delicious. That thing is sticky and can satisfy hunger.

People who are not short of food do use sticky rice mixed with coarse rice, or coarse cornmeal, and wrap it with red beans that are boiled and crushed, and then sprinkled with white sugar or saccharin. That's the authentic way to make the bean curd.

Oh, when I was in the army, I followed my leader out once and had the honor of eating such a thing.

In our village, a few years ago, some people made some sticky sorghum rice mixed with coarse rice, and the dumplings they made were also very delicious. After wrapping, they were frozen outside, and then put in the warehouse. When eating, they were steamed on the curtain, or they were steamed in several pots and frozen, and they were eaten in one go. That's it.

This stuff is easy to make. If you save it, you can eat it until the first month of the year."

"Really? Then everyone can make it?"

"That's right. Who among the old ladies in the village can't make it? This is not a job for one person. Usually, the dough is fermented and the bean paste is boiled. Two or three families get together, sit on the kang, and chat while making it. If it's a pot of noodles, it will be done in the morning.

Steaming bean curd is also easy. Add some vegetables to the bottom of the pot and it will be a pot of soup, cabbage strips, corn Bean shreds, hot, all ready, no need to prepare the dish specially. "

Jian Jian tilted his head and looked at the old man,

"Third Master, from what you said, you like this very much?"

The old man grinned,

"This thing is soft and can satisfy hunger, there is no one who doesn't like it."

Miss Jian's family was in a bad situation in her previous life, but they were well-off. She had eaten this before, but it was the original ecology, always the delicacies from the mountains and the sea, and she liked the occasional meal of coarse grains.

The ox cart moved forward, and Jian Jian also recalled what was in the warehouse of the base. This kind of coarse grain would definitely not be the staple food, and it was estimated that there would not be much.

After searching around, as expected, there was no sorghum rice at all, but there was a lot of glutinous rice, which was prepared for cooking in the kitchen, as an ingredient.

Wandering to the commune, there was indeed no big jar or anything like that. Jian Jian looked around and found that many things were out of stock. It was necessary to go to the county town.

"No, right?"

"Really, there isn't any, and many counters are empty."

The old man was not surprised.