CH 12: Two pictures, one best friend

I'm sorry I haven't uploaded in a while. I've been busy with my other story and my internship.

But I'm finished now and I will try to update faster than before.

Thank you for the support, I read every single comment.

Stay humble

xxx

~~~~~~~~

Aliah's POV

I stood up and tried to figure out what to do.

"I don't understand, why don't you have access to the company's bank account? You're the CEO right?"

What if all this time I was getting scammed by a guy claiming to be me boss, but in reality he wasn't.
Okay no, I've been watching too many movies lately.

"Yeah but my mom... it's a long story Aliah." He responded.

"Well I got time." I shrugged, sitting back down.

"It's just, my mom wants me to get married so I would look like a grown ass man who can be a CEO without people doubting me and saying that I'm not taking this job seriously." He said. "Hmm that wasn't that long I guess." He added.

"I'm sorry, but what YOU do is not your mom's business.. how are you supposed to find someone this fast who would also be prepared to get married to.... well you" I said.

"What is wrong with me?" He asked repositioning himself on the sofa so he would hear everything I said.

"Nothing, it's just.."

"It's just what huh?" He interrupted me.

"Would you get married to me?"

He asked what now?

I laughed hysterically at what he'd just asked me.

"Good joke." I clapped when I stopped laughing.

"Whatever, I know you want this" He said 'this' whilst pointing at his entire body.

Ew.

"Okay that's enough." I responded.

"Anyway, as I'm not able to pay you, you can stay in my guest room." Harris offered whilst cleaning the food off the table.

"I'm not staying here. I just came for the money." I said following him to the kitchen.

"Oh just stay already, you don't need to be scared that people will gossip again in the company, they've learned there lesson." He chuckled, winking at me.

I had these mixed feelings. I felt uncomfortable, yet I felt also like I could tell him everything.

"No seriously I'm going."

I have sinned enough this week.

I picked up my bag, which was quite big and heavy. I never had the money to actually afford a suitcase, those things are really expensive.

I walked to the door with my bag in my left hand and opened the door with my right hand until Harris tried to make me stay again.

"Oh no, you're not leaving!" Harris said closing the door by putting his hand on the door. He was really tall or I was just too short? He was standing in front of me, his chest on my head's level whilst he was looking down. He was standing too close for my liking.

He took the bag from my hand by leaning forward, okay now he's even closer than before.

"I'll take that." he whispered as he leaned in past my ear.