CH 15: First driving lesson

Hariss' POV

It was a sunday and Aliah and I were just chilling at home. It's weird that I'm not alone anymore. I would of been alone on this casual day but now I had Aliah to keep me company. I liked being around her to be honest, she never judged me for my actions.

Work was going better than normal even though I still had my mother on my back. Last week she gave me until Wednesday to find a wife or she will hire someone else for the position of CEO. It's weird that your own mother could do something like this even though she knows how much I like the job.

And it's not that I'm bad in what I do, it's just that she wants our company to be takken seriously by investers.

There's no way I could find myself a girl who genuinely likes me and isn't only interested in my money. Let alone a wife who agrees to get engaged by Wednesday.

Well, life isn't easy.. and especially with a mother like mine. We all have a mother who sometimes goes too far with her decisions.

I didn't wanted to be depressed all day, so overnight I had an awsome idea, involving Aliah.. I don't know if she would like the idea though.

"Hey, I have an idea." I said breaking the silent.

Aliah was sitting at the other end of the couch, she never sat down besides me or even close to me. I guess I sort of understood why.

"Spill it." She responded with a mouth full of food. She was eating lunch which we had ordered earlier.

"Why don't we go for a ride around the city?" I said.

"Sure, I'll get ready."

I was going to tell her that she was the one driving after she was dressed and good to go. It would be easier to convince her when she's dressed properly and couldn't just take off her clothes. I mean she could, but atleast she can't refuse it easily than when she's sitting in front of the tv eating crap.

After 20 minutes she was finally done and grabbed her purse and walked over to where I was standing.

"Okay let's go." She said when she stood in front of me.

"okay let's go" I said as I offered her the key of my car.

"What am I going to do with that?" She asked looking at the key.

"You, young lady, are the one who's driving today." I responded with a giant smile.

She started lauging at my response and pushed my hand away.

"Very funny Harris, now all jokes aside, Let's go"

"I'm serious Aliah, you're the one driving. It was about time that you owned a license." My smile turned into a neutrial shape and I looked at her still with the key in front of her.

"NO! You know what happened, how dare you?!" She responded.

She was sligthly mad and slightly hurt. Yes, I know what happened with her parents, but that shouldn't stop her from things that are essential.

"Yes, but Aliah listen." I put the key back on the counter and grabbed her shoulders with both hands.

"That accident wasn't your father's fault, the other guy was drunk. If some guy drives while he's drunk, he can also hit you while your walking home or to work. What I mean by that is, if you drive safely and learn how to drive correctly, nothing will happen to you. I promise that nothing will happen to you as long as I'm teaching you how to drive Aliah, you will be safe."

"So?" I said grabbing the key back from the counter.

She took the key from my hand and walked out of the door, she then stopped and turned around to face me.

"Nice speech, you coming?" She said with a huge smirk.

A smile appeared on my face again and I followed her to the car.

..

"Okay did you check your mirrors? Is your seat regulated correctly? I should of arranged my funeral, shouldn't I."

I was teasing her, but I was still worried. I'm letting someone who doesn't even has her provisional driving license and a woman in general drive my beautiful car after all.

"Yes, Yes and shut up will you" She responded. "Okay what now?" She asked. She was so scared, I could see it in her eyes. I don't blame her though, I still remember my first time and it didn't go all too well. Let me just say that I drove into a bush which made my dad furious.

"Now you start the car or you wouldn't be able to move." I said.

"Right." she responded.

"Shift the gear into 'drive' mode and take the brakes off the car. After that you only have to press the accelerator and the car will move slowly" I said whilst she did excacly what I said.

"Good, we're moving." I was happy for her; It was like I was teaching a little kid to walk for the first time.

Aliah's POV

I was driving, something I thought I would never do. He was right though, that accident wasn't my parents fault and it shouldn't have stopped me from getting my driving license.

Even though it was going well and Harris was teaching me calmly how to do it, I still was afraid that a cop would stop us.

Harris took me to some streets in town where I could learn how to stop to let people cross the street and stop at red lights. According to Harris it wasn't a good idea to go on the high way immediately, I would panick if I did so on my first day.

We were driving for 2 hours and I had enough for one day, so we decided to go back home. But then the thing I was most scared for, happened. We got pulled over. I probably was driving too slow, lol..

Harris was panicking and I was dying. I'm so dead, he's going to give me a ticket for driving without a licenses and on top of that, Harris will get in big trouble for letting me drive.

"Harris I.."

"Good evening young lady, Identity and driving license please" The officer said.

"Yeah about that" I started. This guy was terrifying, he had one of those faces. "I actually don't have a licence" I finished.

"Okay, do you have a provisional driving licence than?" He asked. No I don't have that either. Oh and by the way, Harris wasn't even helping me.

"Euhm no?" I said raising my eyebrows. I was in deep trouble.

"So what are you doing on the streets?" He asked annoyed.

"Driving?" I responded. Which at first I didn't realise that it was a dumb answer, I didn't knew what to say okay. I heard Harris next to me burst out in laughter and after that he got out of the car.

He went to talk with the officer and came back after 5 minutes.

"Okay Aliah, it's better if I take it over from now on" He said opening the door of the drivers side.

"Agree" I responded and got out and sat down in the passenger seat, I prefer this side more than the other one to be honest.

"We only got a fine of 170 dollars", he said dropping the paper on my lap.

"Only? Shit, I will pay for it", I said.

"I told him what we were doing so he went easy on us." Harris said. "Now let's get home, the next step is for you to get your privisional driving license and after that we can carry on your lesson".

"And no, I practically forced you to drive, so I'm the one who will pay for it." Harris responded.

He then started the car and drove home.

~~~~~
~Edited by R3Hijabi ~