CH 29: Unexpected kiss

Nothing's gonna hurt me with my eyes shut, I can see through them.

-Years&Years

~~~~

Aliah's POV

Someone knocked on the door, a soft tentative knock, and the door opened. It was the nurse from earlier. She got in and smiled. I just knew she was going to give me some good news.

"C'mon, he asked for you." she gave me a wink and smiled.

I jumped up and followed her.

I was so nervous, it felt like I was going on a first date. I followed her to the room and kept looking at my reflection in the windows we passed. I took a deep breath before going in.

"You're going to be fine" the nurse soothed as I placed my hand on the door knob. It wasn't working, I was so nervous. This was it. I was one step closer to getting my memory back.

"Hey." Harris greeted when I walked in.

His mother wasn't in the room anymore. Maybe he told her to go or maybe she just went home.

"Hey" I greeted back shyly.

"Sit down" he said pointing at the chair next to him. A bit demanding but that's fine.

I sat down but was too afraid to look at him.

The nurse left and I could see her smirk from miles away.

"I'm sorry but who are you? I lost my memory appereantly.." Those words broke my heart. How was this possible?

"What? No, we're fucked." I replied standing up, walking back and forth again.

His quite serious expression changed and he started laughing uncontrollably.

"What's so funny?" I asked. I was surprised, what was so funny? We both just lost the most important thing.

"Come here, I'm joking." he said reaching out for my hand. I grabbed his hand. He pulled me in closer and went for a hug. He hugged me tightly whilst rubbing the back of my head.

"I'm just glad you're okay, we'll fix your memory." He said.

He was so nice. Now I see why I fell in love with him.

We released eachother and he looked me in the eye. What do I do now? I don't wanna make it awkward.

"Sit down" he said once again pointing at the seat next to him.

"How are you doing?" He asked

He was the one that woke up from a coma and he's asking how I was?

Yeah I can definitely see myself falling in love with him.

"I'm fine", I responded, "except for the memory loss".

"Let's fix that shall we?" he winked.

Smooth.

He took his phone out and showed me some pictures. He had so much more pictures than I had. Why?

I took the phone from him and looked at every picture.

"How did we meet?" I asked looking up, making eye contact again.

"Well, I was-.. am your boss", he replied.

"Seriously? So I got a job and found love in less than a year?" How did I do that?

"Not exactly." he said and started explaining everything. Every little thing, he told me everything and left nothing out.