CH 13: Mister danger

Aliah's POV

"Okay okay haha wait up mister." I said trying to make him smile so he could admit that he was fooling around.

Even though fooling around about his dead fiancé wasn't something to laugh about..

He was looking at me with his lips pressed on eachother and his eyes widened. He was probably thinking what was so funny about his dead fiancé.

"What's funny Aliah?" He said confused lowering the picture.

I took the picture from his hand and looked at it.

"You're not joking are you.. Flora was your fiancé?" I asked.

He nodded taking the picture away from me.

He looked at it and I saw him investigating every inch of the picture.

"Do you know her?" He asked still looking at the picture.

He looked up and his eyes found mine.

"Yes" I said, "she was a good friend of mine when I was younger." He put the picture down on the table and sat down. He ran his fingers through his hair not believing what I was saying.

What do I do now?

Do I comfort him?

Wait..

I stood up walking around to figure out what to do while Harris was still sitting down with his face in his hands.

I've just heard that my former best friend has passed away a few years ago.

Why didn't I know that?

I rubbed my back against the wall and slid down until I felt the ground beneath my body.

I wasn't crying nor was I angry. I felt stupid for not trying the reach out to her all those years. And now it's too late.

I felt two hands on each of my knees and as I look up I saw Harris sitting in front of me.

I looked in his forest green eyes and broke eye contact after a few seconds by looking at his hands he had placed on my knees.

"Oh sorry, I forgot.." He said pulling his hands as fast as he could away.

He know he can't touch me, even though he sometimes did when he was playing around, but whatever things got serious, he kept his distance. He respected me, that's all I noticed.

Now I know why he was a great person, he had dated the most caring and kind female on this planet.

..

It was a few hours later, we talked about Flora and after that we went to bed.

I couldn't sleep though, and I knew Harris had the same problem.

Whenever I couldn't sleep when I was younger, I used to go to the kitchen as quiet as possible and eat ice cream. It's something about the cold that could help me sleep afterwards.

If I'm not able to fall asleep in a few hours, then I'm obligated to eat some ice cream otherwise I will be a mess at work. I hope Harris has some ice cream though..

..

"What are you doing? It's like 3am? You have to be up in like 3 hours." Harris asked approaching the kitchen.

"Dancing." I responded sarcastically "eating ice cream ofcourse" I added taking another spoon.

Harris walked to wear the spoons were and grabbed one and stood next to me. He started eating with me. I knew he also wasn't able to sleep..

..

I woke up with a loud knock on my door.

"Aliah! Wake the hell up will you?"

I turned around and tried to get back to sleep.

"I swear to God, if you don't get up in the next 10 seconds I will demolish this door!" He shouted.

"I'm up I'm up!" I shouted back.

Tjeez what was wrong w.. Omg! It was 9am. I was late, I was late for work. Even though I practically lived with the boss, I still was late.

I grabbed my scarf from the ground and opened the door.

"I've been standing in front of this freaking door shouting for over an hour! I almost entered the room, didn't care if you were naked or covered." A furious Harris shouted when I opened the door.

Alhamdulilah he didn't lol.

"I'm sorry I think I overslept.." I replied.

"You think?!" He yelled.

"Take a shower and get your butt in the car, you have 15minutes or I will go to work alone!"

I closed the door and took a 5 minute shower and changed into some nice clothes.

I don't blame him for being this angry, I must of overslept because I went to bed pretty late. So did Harris though.. I guess he overslept as well, as he was only shouting for an hour.

I got out of 'my room' and found him waiting annoyed at the front door.

"You only had 2 minutes left, you're lucky." He said, "now let's go!" He instructed, opening the front door.

He didn't say a word the whole ride. It was quiet, awkwardly quiet..

Is it going to be like this everyday? I'll rather sleep with rats then..

"That can't happen again!" Harris said literally out of nowhere.

Oh, he can speak.

"You overslept as well and you know at what time we went to bed."

"Yeah, that's why it can't happen again, I got my mom on my back already.. If she knows I'm late because of you, my life as a CEO is definitely over." Harris said keeping his eyes on the road.

Excuse me?

"Did I ask you to wait? I don't think so, so don't blame this all on me. And let's go back to being silent, I prefer that more than your voice." I snapped.

Before I even knew it my seatbelt locked itself keeping me on my seat so I wouldn't fly through the window.

"Excuse me?!" Harris said when we stopped driving.

We stood still in the middle of the road, people expressing their anger by using their claxon.

Is he dumb? A car could of drove into us.

"Are you crazy?!" I shouted annoyed.

"How dare you turn this on me? Get out!" He said.

"Sorry?" I responded.

Was he serious?

"You deaf? It's only a 10 minute walk to work, so walk your attitude off!" He repeated.

"Fine!" I huffed, grabbing my bag and opening the car door.

I got out and closed the door as hard as possible.

Jerk!

~~~~~

I'm sorry..

Not gonna fire with excuses but I've just been too busy, last part to do until I finally graduate from college (thesis).

I promise, after I'm done I will upload regularly!

Thank you for the support

Xxx

~Edited by R3Hijabi ~