CH 25: Secrets unveiled

"He learned my secrets, and then he left."

~~~~~~~

Aliah's POV

"Saïd can you wait outside please?" I said trying to remain calm.

"Now!" I shouted. I need to have a word with Harris first.

We both followed Saïd with our eyes whilst he was walking out of the apartment. I turned back to Harris when Saïd eventually closed the door behind him.

"What the hell Harris? Why did you punch him like that?!" I shouted.

Harris didn't respond, he turned around and sat down instead.

"What is going through your mind lately?" I was really worried. Why would he punch my brother. What did he possibly say that made him that angry.

"What's going on with me?" He responded standing up and walking closer to where I was standing.

"We got married yesterday and you're already all over me. Do you really think I will let you in now that we're married? That wasn't meant to be your spot." He said.

"Harris I-", I tried but he interrupted me.

I'm the one who's supposed to be yelling at him. But now the tables have turned, he was in control.

He looked straight into my eyes and spoke, "You're just a piece I needed to finish the game."

He said it like I was nothing. A piece of shit. Someone he needed. But was I? Was I someone he needed or was I someone he wanted?

I looked at him wondering what to respond on that.

He broke eye contact and left. He left me alone with my thoughts. I hated when people did that. Why not talk things out. Why run away from the situation. A situation you will have to deal with sooner or later. So why not get it over with?

I guess sometimes it's better to wait and give eachother some space rather than to say something in the heat of the moment.

I saw him pushing Saïd aside when he walked outside.

To be honest, I was scared.

Scared for what Harris would do next.

Maybe drink again.

Because we all know how that turned out last time.

Saïd came back inside and hugged me.

"Are you okay?" He asked when he took my face in his hands.

"I'm fine. But he's clearly not." I said not taking my eyes off the open door.

Harris's POV

Fuck her.

I had enough.

It was like 'hey I can't touch or see you naked when we're not married but I can do whatever I want after that'.

That's the stupidest rule I've ever heard of.

Let her sort things out with her brother, play happy family. But I'm not playing along.

Can't wait for the day I get that divorce.

The only important thing right now is my business.

I can't believe I almost confessed my feelings for her. Thank God I didn't.

I just wanna drink my problems away right now. And that's exactly what I was going to do.

Aliah's POV