CH 46: The rat

"A rat would do anything to get what he wants"

~~~~

Aliah's POV

"Oh Saïd I'm so glad you're fine." I said, relieved as they took us to my brother and Flora.

As I was hugging Saïd tightly, I was directly looking at Flora. She caught my attention because she looked horrible. She seemed depressed and hurt.

I approached Flora after I had released Saïd and wrapped my arms around her, giving her a brief hug.

"Now here we are." One guy said interrupting our sentimental moment. I thought that this guy was the guy that called the shots, but boy was I wrong.

"Let's get the boss, shall we?"

The door opened and every person turned around to face the door, including the other guys.

One foot was visible, not long after that followed an arm and the right side of the person's body. I still wasn't able to tell who the person was, but in the back of my head I knew who it was. Despite the fact that he was charged and locked away, he still found a way to get out and maybe finish what he had started. The person whom I thought regretted everything he had done to us in the past.. Yet here he was, standing in front of us with his jerky attitude.

It didn't take long before Harris and I simultaneously shouted his name throughout the freezing compact room.

The man himself..

"ZAIN?!"

"I swear to God." Harris said approaching him, but was held back by two other guys.

"I will kill you for what you've done." Harris threatened, uncountable amount of emotions written all over his face. In his eyes you could see the sadness for what had happened in the past. His mouth shouted words that made him look furious. His eyebrows furrowed to express the anger and suppress the sadness. And his body ready to fight and protect himself.

"Sit down pretty boy." Zain calmly responded, "We still have another person joining us."

The other person opened the door, my head pounding and my heart racing.

Who could it possibly be?

As he walked in, my mouth dropped open.

"You got to be kidding me." Harris nervously laughed, grabbing the back of his neck with both hands.

I was thinking the same, despite the fact I didn't say a word.

"So I see you've found your friends." He smirked, enjoying the shocked expressions on our faces. He still had his work outfit on, his uniform. His police uniform to be exact.

"You're suppose to be a freaking police officer, what the hell!" Harris shouted.

"Yeah yeah whatever." He nonchalantly responded.

The chanches of somebody saving us now, was getting smaller with every minute. I still had no clue what they wanted from us, but somewhere deep down I just knew Zain wanted to complete what he had started.

"The most important point is that one of you guys is maybe going to survive it tonight, the other ones are not." He smiled.

"You sociopath!" Saïd shouted.

"I thought you felt sorry for what happened a few months ago?" I finally spoke. I knew what Zain was capable of, but I also knew how easy it was to break him with words.