CH 39: Bro-ccoli?

~~~~

~~~~

Aliah's POV

"Sorry, but that's none of my business." The waiter responded, with a still friendly look on his face.

"I see how you look at her." Harris responded annoyed. His eyebrows still furrowed, angrier than ever.

"I'm not interested in your girl sir, I'm a married man. Now please excuse me, I have other customers." He firmly said and left.

Shit.

That escalated quickly.

Harris shook his head and scoffed.

"He wasn't flirting with you, was he?" He asked.

I shook my head, too scared to say anything back.

"Than what did he say?"

Just say it Aliah, there's nothing wrong with what he said. I desperately needed to stop my mind from shutting off at stressful times.

"Excuse me but can I get you two something else?"

"No thank you." Harris immediately responded, somewhere annoyed because another waiter interrupted him.

"Oh actually, can I get a glass of water instead of wine?" Harris changed his mind.

"Sure" The waiter replied, taking the glass of wine away.

Why did he change his mind? Was he doing it for me?

"I know what's wrong..." He said locking his eyes with mine. I could see in his eyes that he really knew.

"This shitty place isn't halal." He eventually said.

He stood up and walked away.

What was he doing. Bruh I'm hungry, don't make me run after you.

I looked at the food and tried to decide between food and Harris.

I sighed and eventually got up.

"Harris wait up." I shouted when I ran after him. How the tables have turned. He was the one running after me the last time we ate together after work.

He was walking at a normal speed but my little legs couldn't keep up.

"Just stop bro." I shouted

Bro? Gross. Cringy.

Harris stopped making me bump into his chest. I squealed when hitting his chest. He grabbed my shoulders and slightly pushed me back.

"Bro?" He questioned raising his eyebrows.

Yeah my bad.

"No I mean bro..-ccoli" I tried to save myself. Did it work?

"You're new nickname is.. euhm.. broccoli.. I think.. because I.. love.. broccoli and I also.. love you, you get me?" His eyes narrowed when he was trying to figure out what I was saying.