CH 21: Feelings?

" You and me but never us"

-Unknown

Aliah's POV

"No wait!" Harris shouted opening the frontdoor.

What the.. I didn't expect him to do that to be honest. I honestly thought he was going to let me go and be happy with that other chick. I guess I was wrong again.

I turned around and looked straight into his green eyes.

"Of course you're not fired. But nothing happened between Amelia and I.. I promise" He said taking a step forward.

"I saw you Harris, I saw you kissing her and taking her to your room." I responded.

I turned around and started walking again, this time faster.

"Okay.. yes.. no..yes..wait..Aliah" He jumped in front of me, making me stop.

"Okay yes we kissed." He said.

"I know, I'm not blind" I said. I changed direction this time, but yet still, he jumped in front of me.

Even though I found it tough to leave like this, the annoyance began to set in.

"Okay fair enough, ofcourse you're not.. anyway that's not the point" He said quickly so I wouldn't change directions again.

"I'm listening?" I said.

"So look, yes we kissed as you saw, but I didn't go further than that. I know that we're getting married, I mean fake married, but it didn't feel good to sleep with someone else" He said.

"I know that it doesn't make any sense, but I do still want you around. And I want you to become my wife, well fake wife anyway." He added.

I could see the way he looked at me, he was genuinely afraid I would leave. Why was he so afraid? I was scared that he maybe liked me more than normal. I mean maybe he was just scared to lose his job?

"Fine." I said after taking a deep breath.

A good decision? Probably not, but I don't want him to get in any trouble.

Here I go again, always thinking about someone else instead of myself.

"And don't worry about Amelia, she will.."

"I said fine Harris" I repeated.

"Oh.. that's amazing.. wow..euhm okay"

He then all of a sudden gave me a tight hug. He was holding the back of my neck with his one hand and was stroking my back with the other one. I was pressed against his chest, where an amazing smell was stroking my nostrils.

He always smelled so good.

"Euhm what are you doing?" I questioned after I realised what we were doing.

"Oh-euhm-sorry"

He cleared his throat to avoid the awkwardness, "I'll grab your bags and take them back inside."

He took my bags back inside and dropped them in 'my room'.

"So you want me to stay for you or-euhm-just for our jobs?" I hesitated a bit, I was scared about what he was going to say.

"I mean I like you and I love having you around.. but I don't have any-you know.. I just don't wanna lose my job."

Harsh.

"Okay, fine." I responded. "But there will be some new rules if we're going to share a place"

"Like?" He asked.