CH 36: Our first time

It's amazing how you can fall in love with a person you didn't even like the first time you met them.

-Aliah

~~~~

Harris's POV

I ran through the hallways, left and right, until I finally arrived at a desk.

"Where is Aliah?" I asked a young lady that was standing behind her desk. She looked at me confused, wondering why I was so worried. I mean, it's a hospital.. I'm sure people like me rushed in like that more often. I rushed to the hospital the moment I got the call that my wife was taken to hospital.

"You must be Harris?" A doctor asked when he heard me ask for Aliah.

I don't know what happened to her, did someone mess with her or did she get into an accident?

"Aliah was found-" Right at that moment I thought that he was going to say 'dead' my heartbeat quickened and my hands started sweating. I would never forgive myself if something happened to her.

"-passed out on a bench. A passer-by found her there and called us" He opened the clipboard he was holding and saw him searching for something.

"Oh here it is, she told us she was getting her memory back one point and her head couldn't keep up, which is something quite common with people that lost their memory. She's fine now and can go home."

"Thank God", I sighed, relieved it was nothing too bad.

"So she has her memory back?" I wasn't sure if I felt relieved that she had her memory back or anxious about how she would react now she remembered everything again.

"Yes she does, but take it easy, she'll have some difficulties accepting her past."

"Her room number is 297CA." He added and eventually got called away for an emergency.

I was so nervous. I was scared for her reaction or what it would be like from now on. Will it be the same or will everything change and did she remember what happened from when she lost her memory until now?

I took a deep breath and walked into her room without bothering to knock. I think I forgot to knock, maybe because I was so nervous and anxious.

She was putting everything back in her bag when I walked in, the doctor did say she could go home. They probably emptied her bag to identify her, that's how they got in contact with me.

She looked behind her when she heard the door open but went straight back to what she was doing again.

She didn't even bother to look me in the eye, she only looked at the lower part of my body and immediately recognized who I was.

She closed her bag and made her way out. I wasn't blocking the way, so she could easily walk away, but I stopped her. She was giving me the silent treatment and I was not having that.

I stood in front of her right at the moment she wanted to leave and tried to make eye contact with her. She did her best to avoid any eye contact by lowering her gaze.

"Aliah," I whispered, not wanting to give her another headache. I placed my hand on her cheek to force her to look at me, so I could at least try to read her eyes. Try to read what was wrong or what she was thinking.

She immediately grabbed my hand and pushed it away, "Don't touch me." She responded and softly pushed me a side. I was just standing there, confused, staring at nothing while she had already left. I couldn't believe it. This was all my fault.