Flashback 39

**unedited**

Happy reading!!

Augustine

We all headed to the venue and there my friends shalini,rahul and our classmates. Priya's friends and vikas colleagues , vishal's friends too joined. We all seated in chairs and then some of them were introduced to me by vikas. Then slowly started the teasing session from vikas colleagues and vishal friends. I smiled at their comments which I don't know the meaning of but something is going on funny.

We all now gang on vikas side and nisha is busy with her sister. She didn't glanced at me the whole time when I reached till now. I peeping through the door which is slightly opened.

"Ohh boss for whom you are searching ?" Questioned me by vishal's friend.

I shook my head on negative and said casually "I am not used to this culture, its just new and thrilling and exciting for me".

"Ohh!! Come I will explain" he said and took to the corner where the whole mandap view can be seen clearly.

Then he started saying " now the parents will bring bride in the flower basket and this is tradition which will be lifted by maternal uncles." Then only I saw a beautiful flower in front of my eyes, her smile is flawless, showing her pearl tooth grin ,her eyes are twinkling and her hanging of jumkas are moving when ever she moved to sideways(NISHA) . "Now she will sit opposite to the groom and a cloth is placed as curtain between them which is because they should not see their faces until Kanyadaan, Panigrahana, and giving away of daughter by the father, and then he keeps "jeela kara" on each girls head and vice versa."

I looked her,she looked at me like she too thinking what I am thinking.

"Then he tied a sacred yellow thread around her neck and he kept sindoor on her forehead in middle partition hair." I looked at the couple in front of me,they looked cute and sweet couple. Her gaze is piercing through my body and I lifted my gaze on her, she looked beautiful with her smile and the meaning in her eyes is shown visible to me. I nodded at her and smiled. She blushed and congratulated her Sista and vikas.

"You described so lively, now I understand the rituals. Now its very easy for me now" I said to vishal friend.

" thanks but I didn't get what you said" he said.

" nothing" I said and patted his shoulder.

I stepped on stage and congratulated both of them and gifted a box to them. After that they performed remaining rituals like voluntarily holding hand near the fire to signify union, and taking seven steps with each step includes a promise to each other before fire and then finally the priest said to look at the sky showing some stars I don't know what it means. Some of them went to their houses and some stayed in hotel. I remained with them.

Nisha held my hand and dragged me to the back of the venue where the trees are surrounded and a dim lights are hanging here and there.

"You didn't say anything? " she asked me.

I gave a puzzled expression.

"Dumbo, how am I looking?" She smacked on my head and asked.

"Ahhh!! " I rubbed my head and looked at her.

We both looking into each other eyes and unaware of the presence of one person who is hidden. I hold her face in my palms and I came close to her and only few inches are apart.

" you want to know?" I asked her almost whispering. She nodded still looking into my eyes.

"What people used to say that some bomma?" I said thinking of the word.