Chapter 5

Yona's POV

'He said he likes my hair, Soo-Won said he likes my hair.' But remembering what father said that I can not have Soo-Won. I have to talk to father again. I can't give up on Soo-Won easily, surely father must understand.' But before that I'm going to get onee-sama to help me out. I ran to her room and knocked on the door.

"Onee-sama, can you go to father's room with me?" I waited but she didn't answer. I guess she went somewhere for a walk. I made my way to father's room. 'Eh, why is the door open? How careless for leaving the door open without any guards. Wait... why aren't there any guards here at all? I also didn't see any when I was on my way here.' I opened the door and walked in, "Father?" I then saw a sword stabbed in father, he then landed on the ground. I started running towards him. "F-father!" I looked at the figure.  "Oh, you're still awake Yona-hime." "Soo-Won, hurry... and get the medical staff." "King II will never open his eyes again.... I killed him." Said Soo-Won with little blood on his face and blood dripping from his sword. "What are you saying. You're not that kind of a person."

"You don't know why I live till this day." What does he mean by that? "Why? My father cared for you since you were a child." "Yes he did, I loved him too. Though people called him coward for fearing conflicts. I used to think it was because of his kindness. But that wasn't the case. Do you remember my father Yu-Hon? After King II was enthroned, he killed his own blood, his own brother."

"No way, Uncle was killed in an accident." "That was just the "official" story. He was stabbed to death by King II. To revenge him and make his wish come true, I will become the king of the Kouka kingdom." 'It can't be, it just a dream.. it must be a dream.. a bad dream. Because Soo-Won's smile was so warm.'

(A little time skip)

I ran and ran then a rope wrapped around my leg then I tripped. No this can't be happening!

Hak's POV

'It's too quiet here.' Looking around I heard someone call my name, "General Hak! Done with patrol?" While holding a bottle of sake. "Your always thoughtful Min-Soo." I said while he handed me the sake. "But is it alright, for you not to be with Yona-hime or Yumi-hime?" "Oh it's okay. She is with Soo-Won. Yumi-hime... she seems tough. So, it's fine." Opening the bottle and drinking it. "So does this mean she is going to confess her love to Lord Su-won?!" Min-Soo said excitedly. "Don't know, depends on the matter of time."

"Hak-sama, you really know a lot about them." "Well I have been watching them two since we were kids. Well I hope they will be happy together." Staring up at the sky. After I finished the sake I continued patrol. Then I heard so guards talking. "What about me?" I then killed them, wait, on no Yona-hime is in trouble!

Yumi's POV

Looks like all the chaos has started. I quickly made my way to father's room, going in from the window. I saw father laying on the floor. "Sorry father but look like I had no choice but to wield the weapons now I would be kicked out of the castle. Don't worry I will protect Yona no matter what. Also, sorry that I can't change your fate even though you knew of it too..." Then I heard the guards coming. I better hurry up and get out of here. "Hey you!" One of the guards yelled. 'Out of all the time there is why does it have to be right now!' "Yumi-hime?" "Urg, I don't think you stupid soldiers have the rights to call me hime." "Well we hardly care now, because Soo-Won is the new king! Now you know, we have no choice but to kill you. This is for the future of the Kouka Kingdom." The guard said. The three guards pull out their swords. "Oh, looks like you guys are really stupid. You think you can kill me? Haha, that is the funniest joke I ever heard."

"Why you!" Said one of the guard and charge at me. I swiftly pulled out katana and dodged his attack and stabbed him from behind and he fell on the ground. 'Ah this has been a while for me killing people. First flesh of blood.' "Anyone also want a death wish like him?" The 2 guards charge at me, but before they can reach me I threw my kunais at them, straight through the heart. "Well you guys are the ones who wished for it." Then I left the hairpin that I always put in my hair. I put my hair up in a high ponytail and wrapped a ribbon too. Looking at the time, seems like Yona and Hak escaped. I need to go now before anything happens, but before that I need to go see Min-Soo. Poor him, why does he have to "die". I put on my hood from my cloak and headed out the window towards Min-Soo.

(Time Skip)

I made it to the place where he "died", I then saw the kimono part that belonged to Yona. I headed over there, I raise the cloth and patted him on the head. "You did good Min-Soo, thank you for everything. Please rest in peace." 'Although you are not actually dead.' I thought. Time to head out before I get spotted.