Chapter 23

Yumi's POV

"Soo-Won?" Yona and I said looking at him. "Yumi? Yona?" Soo-Won questioned with a surprised face. "Am I seeing ghosts? You guys... I heard you two died at the valley in the Northern forest..." He said. Yona started shivering. "You guys are really... Yumi-hime and Yona-hime. Why are you here? What happen to Hak?" He asked. 'Bruh, I don't think it's the right time to be asking questions.' I thought. "No, that was a silly question. The fact that you guys are safe and sound means he's still protecting you guys right now, with his life." He said looking down at us. 'Nuh uh. I think it's more like he is protecting Yona with his life because he fell in love and he knows I can somewhat protect myself... I think... I'm not entirely sure about his feelings for us anymore.' I thought again still on the ground. "I heard that Awa's lord, Yang Kum-Ji, was doing illegal business with other countries, so I came here on a reconnaissance mission." He finished. We then heard footsteps along with someone yelling Soo-Won-sama. I grabbed Yona's hand, got up and turned around to run. But Soo-Won grabbed us hiding us inside his cloak.

'Ahhh, this is not suppose to happen. Well, to me. I'm surprised that his cloak is big enough to hide us two.' I mentally complained. "Let us go!" Yona said and struggles. "Quiet. Be still." He told us. "King Soo-Won. Please don't walk around by yourself." A guard said. He turned around, "Oh, I'm sorry, General Joo-Doh. It's just that new towns are exciting." Soo-Won replied with a happy voice. "Exciting? And? You got a girl? Wait, two girls!?" I heard Joo-Doh yelled. "Huh? Oh my, General Joo-Doh, I never pegged you as a gauche person." Soo-Won said laughing. "It's none of my business who you go out with! But is this something you'd do during an incognito recon mission?! Do it after we're done! After!" Joo-Doh yelled. I can hear the other guards telling him to calm down. "Okay, I understand. I'll say my goodbyes to them." Soo-Won said backing off a little. 'Are we done yet?? I think I'm gonna suffocate.' I thought looking at the sword Yona was going to grab later. "By the way, where is Yang Kum-Ji?" Soo-Won questioned. "Unknown. Apparently he was attacked by the pirates last night on his way to the Kai Empire for his human trafficking business." Someone reported. "And the people Kum-Ji was trying to traffic?" He questioned again. "They are all unharmed." A dude replied. I then saw Yona reaching for the sword and was about to pull it out. But Soo-Won put his hands over hers, thus making her stop. I then heard Soo-Won said to thank the pirates and over look this case. 'Wow, he is so nice.' "Who'll replace Yang Kum-Ji?" That Joo-Doh brat who is wasting my time asked. "We'll decide that after we return to the capital. Are we good now, General Joo-Doh?" Soo-Won asked hugging us a little bit tighter. "Whatever!" He yelled walking away. 'Finally!!' "Do you want to kill me?" He questioned out of nowhere. "Of course you do. But I can't die right now. Not yet. I still have something I must do." He stated. I saw him let go off Yona's hand and Yona's hand slipped off the sword. Soo-Won then let us out of the cloak, staring down at us. "Goodbye, Yumi, Yona. He caresses Yona's cheeks and then got up. 'Awww, cute. But I still ship Hak and Yona together. "Yumi..." He said looking at me. I stared at his eyes and then walked up to him and stretched my arm that has the bracelet that he give my on my birthday. I then lightly touched his face with my fingers and slowly caressing it. I could feel Soo-Won flinch probably due to my fingers that are always cold. "Soo-Won... It was nice to see you again...? You can go now." I said with a sad smile while pulling my hands away from his face. 'I can't really bring myself to hate him... if you know what I mean. He then smiled, a sad smile with sadness in his eyes staring right at me. 'What's wrong with him?' I thought. "Same, please take care." He said and walked away. I then heard a thump, I turned away seeing Yona cry. I bent down and hugged her letting her cry on my shoulder. I hear Hak's footsteps coming closer. "Princesses! Hey, what's wrong?! What..." He stopped and look up front to where Soo-Won walked away. "Hak... Let's go." I said with no emotions.

"Kija! Wake up, wake up! Are you going to sleep all day?!" Yona said shaking the table. Kija got up, "Yes, I shall do my best!" He said still drunk. "Hahaha. Kija, you have a weird face." Yona said and walked off with me following behind. "Ah... Princess, you seem cheerful." Kija said. "Of course! I'm fine, just fine." She said happily. 'No Yona, just no. You don't seem fine at all.' I thought shaking my head. The next moment she tripped over a stone and got caught by Hak. Then you know what!!!??? She grabbed a burning pot and got burned, the next moment she was eating the food Yoon cooked with the pirates and some dropped in her clothes. YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!!! SHE FREAKING STRIPPED HER OUTER CLOTHES IN FRONT OF THEM!!! 'None of this should be surprising since I already know.' But Hak then cover her up with his haori thing. Yona then blushed and ran off to the ship. "All right, that's 1000 Rin for the view." Hak said putting his hand out. "That was beyond our control!" Someone shouted. "Actually, we were getting to the best part, so why'd you st—." Jae-Ha then got cut off by Hak hitting his face. 'Ha! You deserved that pervert!' I screamed in my mind. "What's wrong with her?" He questioned wiping his face with a cloth. "Nothing." Hak replied. "You know what happened, Yumi-chan?" Jae-Ha questioned looking at me. I gave him a glare, "Oh~ Nothing really happened and don't call me Yumi-CHAN!" I said in a dark voice. He backed off a little. "That's a big spear. If you carry that around, you'll surprise the townspeople." Jae-Ha said to Hak. "Yeah. I've been trying not to walk around the town with this thing, but I've gotten used to the peace too much, so this is a reminder for me." Hak said with a creepy face. 'Hak...' I thought sadly.
So... currently we are stalking Hak and Yona. By 'we' I mean Yoon, Kija, and Shin-Ah. Yona and Hak turned around finding us stalking them. Conversations of happiness was going on. Lastly, Yona asked us to accompany her on her journey, we all agreed. 'What a day.' I thought and looked at the sunset.
When we got back, there was a party. I usually hate crowded places so I slipped away as usual. I decided to go to a nearby tree and sleep.

(The Next Morning)

I was squatting next to Shin-Ah waiting for Yona and the others to say their goodbyes and all. Man, they are loud. "Shin-Ah... Look, there's a bird." I said. Shin-Ah just nodded. I then heard marriage and stood up. "Hak you are finally gonna marry Yo-." I started but Hak then cut me off. "I think the one who really can't get a husband is her." Hak pointed at me. "What! Hak!!" I yelled. "I think boys will find you too violent." Hak stated. "Oh. Said the one who can't even confess to Y-!" Hak covered my mouth. "MMMMMMMM!" I tried to get his hand off my mouth. I don't know what happen but we started to walk off until Yona ran back crying on Gi-Gan shoulder. 'Aw. I really miss my family now. Why do I have a feeling I forgot something?' After that, we walked off. "Yumi." Gi-Gan called. "Yes?" I said turning around see a katana flying towards me. I caught it with one hand. "You forgot this." She said. "Oh. Arigato!" I said. "Take care of yourself, okay?" She said. I looked shock for one second but ran off yelling "You too!"

I was walking with Shin-Ah, in front were three people crying. 'Stop crying!' "I ended up not giving a proper farewell to Jae-Ha like I wanted to." Yona said. "Jae-Ha? Is he not one of us now?" Kija questioned. 'Okay, I'm done.' "Shin-Ah. Cut that tree." I said pointing to the tree Jae-Ha was on. He pulled out his sword and cut it making it fall while a scream was heard. I spaced out on there next conversation, knowing what they were saying. I looked up at the sky, 'Shu-Ten, your descendent is kind of like you. Why! Whatever, make sure to watch over us. Ne, Shu-Ten?' I thought. 'Now all we need is Zeno.'