Chapter 11

Third POV

Kye-Sook walked into Soo-Won's room saying that no matter what Tae-Jun wants to meet him. Soo-Won came out, "Sorry to keep you waiting, Sir Tae-Jun. What brings you here today?" He said while walking in front of him. Tae-Jun who now looks really horrible replied "I apologize for disturbing you the day before the important coronation ceremony, especially at this hour of the night. I came here today because there is something I need to give you."

He hands Soo-Won something that is wrapped in a cloth. Soo-Won opens it and found crimson hair that belongs to Yona and a blue ribbon that belongs in Yumi's cyan hair. Soo-Won starred at it with shock. Tae-Jun continued "Yumi-hime and Yona-hime are dead. We cornered General Hak and Yona-hime in the Northern forest, between the Wind and Fire lands. We got very close, but then the two fell to the bottom of the valley," Soo-Won stared down at the hair and ribbon.

"What about Yumi?" Soo-Won ask. "She saw both of them fall off the cliff and so she jumped down with them." Tae-Jun answered. "What, they fell down from that steep cliff?! Master Soo-Won's order was to notify the castle as soon as you found those three. Of all things, you cornered and killed Yona-hime and making Yumi-hime jump the cliff to her death... this is high treason, Sir Kan Tae-Jun!" Kye-Sook said. "Yes, I killed them. Please punish me. " He said with a creepy face showing his guilt. Soo-Won told him to stay at the castle and attend the coronation tomorrow, then Soo-Won walked away while Kye-sook holds Tae-Jun because he wants to get punished. Soo-Won stops holding the hair and ribbon and had flashbacks of the four being together. Soo-Won then felt something in the ribbon, so he checked the ribbon and saw a little paper attached to it. He took the paper and open it reading the content.

Soo-Won... I hope this wasn't what you wished for.

Goodbye... Soo-Won.

Soo-Won had a shocked face. "Yumi... I'm sorry. But I there is still something I need to do for the better of this empire." Soo-Won whispered and looked off to the distant.

Yumi's POV

So I safely landed and it was night and Yoon won't come here until morning, so I took a nap on a tree near Hak and Yona.

(Time Skip)

I woke up and looked around. 'Is Yoon here yet!' I whine in my head. Then I heard a song, yep that is Yoon.

Long, long ago
A bright red sun was eaten
And the world was dyed black.

Then he stops, so I decided to finish the song.

Let's call the four dragons
Bow our heads
Let's bow our heads to the fire dragon.

He looks around and then I jumped down from the tree. "Ohayo, can you help me?" I asked him. He bit his apple, "What a pain, dead people." He said. "Ano, they are not dead yet." I said. "Fine, I will help." He said. I smiled "Arigato!" Then I saw him blush a little, oops.  I carried Yona while he drags Hak back.

Third POV

"Master Soo-Won, Elder Mun-Dok from the Wind Clan has arrived. The general-elect is also with him." Soo-Won turned around "General-elect? So they have already decided." He said. "I imagine he thought that to protect the clan, it couldn't be helped. Although, knowing Elder Mun-Dok's nature, it seems a little too easy." Soo-Won walked out of the water, "Perhaps there was someone pushing that path by breaking the bond with that clan." He said. Kye-Sook looks confused saying huh. "Oh it's nothing, so what's the general-elect like?" He questioned. "He is the same age as Yumi-hime. The young people of the Wind Clan are so energetic." Kye-Sook replied. "Kye-Sook, you make yourself sound like an old man for your age." "Your one to talk." Said the 25 years old man. "Look, it's dawn," Soo-Won said looking up at the sky. "Ah... Indeed, a perfect day for the coronation ceremony." He replied. Soo-Won looked at the sky that flashes Yumi and Yona.

(Time Skip)

Soo-Won was standing in front of the door thinking 'The Crimson Dragon Castle is a symbol of the King of Kouka Kingdom. I swore to myself that one day I would return to this castle one day.'

(Flashback)

"Soo-Won! Welcome! Soo-Won! Hurry up! We have pear compote today!" Yona shouted from the window. "Yeah Soo-Won, hurry up or I might take your share!" Yumi walked to Yona's side and shouted. Soo-Won stared at them and then got hit. "You're wide open!" Hak said. "Ite! Hak." He said putting his hand on his head. "You're too slow, Your Highness. You'll get chewed out by that old man if you don't get better." Said Hak who was squatting down on the wood plate fence. "Nonsense, I received a high praise from Master Mun-Dok, telling me that I have a good attitude." He said walking up to Hak. "Oh really? Have you beaten me once in practice?" Hak questioned. "Hak, you have to protect Yumi-hime and Yona-hime, so of course you are strong."

"What kind of excuse is that?" Hak questioned again. "Demo, I do envy Yumi and Yona for having you as their servant." "Soo-Won, you have servants too." Soo-Won pouted and said, "But I want you, Hak." Hak looked at him and said, "Then become the King." Soo-Won looked surprised. "Marry Yona-hime and become the king."  Hak finished. "Eh! No! Me marrying Yona!?" He said panicking. "Then how about Yumi-hime?" "Eh!" Soo-Won started panicking again. "You want me, don't you? Too bad Yumi-hime refuse to be the next ruler without telling us why." Hak said. "That was just a figure of speech." Hak moves his head closer to Soo-Won, "Well, regardless, I won't approve anyone but you for the next king." Hak said. "When that time comes, I'll be your right-hand man, and be at both of your sides until you die. Of course Yumi-hime too. Just make sure I get three meals a day and a nap. It's a bargain. After all, I am the 'Thunder Beast' of Kouka." Hak continues. Soo-Won closes his eyes and put his head on Hak's shoulder and said "Yes... that is a happy dream." "Soo-Won, hurry up!" Yona shouted. "Hak, please protect Yumi and Yona."

(Flashback Ends)

Soo-Won's POV

'When I become king, Yumi, Yona, and Hak will most likely not be at my side. On a warm day like this, I question myself a little. But my right-hand man is gone. The girl who gave me warmth, the girl who gave me knowledge and wisdom whom also treats me like her family, I even stepped over and discarded them to get this far.' I heard people talking about me while I walked up and got crowned. 'So there will be no more doubts!' Each clan came up, I thought about how each clan was. Mun-Dok came up, "Your Majesty, as you know there is no oracle at the castle anymore, however, the God of Heaven is watching. This old man shall watch what Your Majesty builds too, and at what expense, before joining King II who passed away before me."

"I agree. I would like for you to see through this, Elder Mun-Dok. But a God who only watches me has no meaning to me. It is not God I want, but the strengths of the people." I said to him coldly. "I will rebuild the Kouka Kingdom into a powerful kingdom it was when the ninth king was the ruler. If anything, even a god gets in the way, I will bring it to the ground!" I said to all those people. Everyone started cheering for me saying "Long live the new King!"

Mun-Dok's POV

"Elder, can I go home? There are too many pain-in-the-butts." I heard Tae-Woo said. 'Since when did his eyes look like that? A flashback of Soo-Won when he was little pop-up, "Master Mun-Dok! Please teach me spear-fighting today!" 'Will I ever see that sweet smile again?' I thought looking up at the sky.