Chapter 49

Yumi's POV

Yona and Jae-Ha kneeled down to check on Kija who was laying on my lap. "Kija?!" Yona and Jae-Ha called worried. "What happened?!" Yoon asked. "I don't know, he suddenly passed out..." Jae-Ha answered. I put my hand on Kija's forehead, "He's having a high fever." I said. "We need to hurry up and give him a place to rest." Yoon said. "In that case, come to my house. It's close to here." Kalgan said. "Really? That'd be a great help." Yoon said. "Yeah, I am indebted to you guys a lot anyway." Kalgan said. 'Yeah, you were also the start of this problem.' I thought. "Jae-Ha, mind carrying Kija?" I asked. "Sure." Jae-Ha said picking him up. After a little more of a walk, we finally reached town. "Kalgan!" Someone yelled, I think it was the dad? Kalgan runned towards them, "Mom! Dad! I'm back!" He yelled. "You! Where were you?!" The dad asked. "Sorry... Apart from that, I kind of brought some guests over." He said turning to us. "Guests...? Who are they?" The dad asked Kalgan. "I became friends with them in the Kouka Kingdom." Kalgan answered. 'Guys, here we go will their ridiculous conversation about the Kouka Kingdom and the people. Can't they hurry up a bit?' I thought clearly impatient. "... I got it. Guests, come this way. We will prepare a bed for you." The dad told us. 'Omg, finally.'

I placed a cold wet cloth on Kija's forehead. "Hakuryuu... His fever won't go down will it." Zeno said. 'Well, we are away from Hiryuu's Castle...' I thought staring at Kija who was obviously uncomfortable from the fever. "Sorry about my mother and father." Kalgan said. "Don't worry. They're letting us rest and giving us food. "Oh my, what a crowd." I whispered sarcastically. "I guess they're worried about people who came from another country." Jae-Ha said looking at the entrance. "This area... Kin Province used to be Kouka Kingdom's territory. Isn't that related somehow?" Hak asked. "Yeah... Because of war, it's currently part of Kai. but my father and mother... Everyone in this village are Kouka Kingdom citizens. No one says it but they miss Kouka land and their friends that still live there. That's way I wanted to see it. Father and the other's homeland." Kalgan answered. "I see..." Yona said. I then heard footsteps, "Don't talk about such things, Kalgan." The dad said. 'Oof, what are harsh dad.' "Father..." "No matter which territory this land is in, it doesn't matter anymore. During the reign of King Joo-Nam, this land was part of Kouka Kingdom, but before that there were times when it was part of Kai. Even though the location of the village doesn't change, the fickle countries take or discard this place. We realized that it's useless to struggle." The dad said. 'Jeez, no need to state such harsh facts to a child.' I thought. "But father, you and the others are always looking to the other side of the river." Kalgan told his dad. "Anyway, just forget about Kouka Kingdom. You guys should hurry up and leave." He said and walked away. "Jeez, no need to be so rude." I whispered to myself.

"Kija, how are you feeling?" Yona asked. I was currently changing the tower since it was not cold anymore. "Princesses... I apologize. To stop because of me..." Kija said weakly. "No need to apologize. It's not like it's your fault." I said. "Yeah, you don't have to worry about that." Yona said after me. "Yoon." Yona called. "Yeah, I still haven't discovered the source of it. For now, I've give him medicine to reduce the fever. Right now it seems like a normal cold." Yoon stated. I looked at Ao who was trying to get Kija to eat a acorn, oh boy... "Come here, Ao. I don't think Kija wants to eat an acorn right now." I said. Ao then stopped and run to me and climbed to rest on my shoulder. "It'll be fine Yona dear. Kija has the vitality of a cockroach." Jae-Ha said with a smile. "Cockroach?!" Kija questioned angrily. "We need to make sure you and Yumi don't catch it." Jae-Ha continued. "Wait a second, Jae-Ha! You just called me a cockroach!" Kija yelled angrily. "Kija, chill. You literally need to chill right now." I said with a sighed. "Leave this to us. Why don't you two go stretch your legs outside?" Jae-Ha asked us. "But..." Yona started off. "Aren't you worried about the village?" Jae-Ha asked Yona which made her stop what she was going to say next. "Hak." Jae-Ha called. "Let's go princesses." Hak said. "Then I'm going to go bring some water." Yoon said getting up. Yona, Yoon, and Hak stood at the entrance. Hak looked backed at me who was still sitting. "Yumi-hime, aren't you going to get up?" Hak asked. "I'm too tired." I replied lazily leaning against the wall. "Yumi-" Jae-Ha started off but I cut him off. "Don't, I know what you are going to talk about once I leave." I said. "...Fine. Hak you can go with Yona." Jae-Ha said. "Alright." Hak replied and walked off with Yona and Yoon.