Chapter 27

Yumi's POV

We are now all standing at the cliff looking down at the officers who were riding horses with a wagon of taxes they took from some village. Then someone decided to shout "You officers over there! Stop right there!" Now all the attention is on us, how great. "Who are you?!" One of the officer shouted. Yona then speaks up again, "This land has become our territory! Hand over all your money if you value your lives!!" "They don't seem to be big in number." I heard one officer say. "Hey, deal with them quickly." I then heard the main officer say. "Keep your eyes peeled and look carefully! We are the fierce Dark Dragon and The Happy Hungry Bunch!!" Yona yelled with everyone standing behind her looking ready to fight except for some like for example Yoon. I was standing right next to Yoon and I can tell by his face that he is so done with this and questioning his life choices. So... basically, it started three days ago where my wonder younger sister came up with a wonder idea... of being bandits.

(Three days ago)

"Well, I wonder if it'll be fine... to become a bandit just once in my life." Yona said. "Yona dear, didn't you give our bandit a group name just a moment ago?" Jae-Ha says to Yona. "Oh, that's right." Yona replied. "What's with that lightness as if you're just changing jobs?!" Yoon shouted. "There's no getting around it. I've already given them our name." Yona stated. "What idiotic things are you saying?! We have to hurry and run away! They said they would definitely come again! Next time they'll bring a horde of soldiers with them! Yumi, do something about this!" Yoon shouted. "Umm... I don't think I can do anything if Yona's mind is that set. Plus, there are many villages like this in the Fire Tribe, right?" I told Yoon. "...That's right." Yoon said. "And everywhere is impoverished and has heavy taxes?" I continued. "...Yes." Yoon replied. "Then we will become unruly bandits... and expand our territory. If we do that, we'll be able to protect the people who have heavy taxes unjustly levied upon them." Yona said. "The problem isn't that simple! If they fall behind in collections, they levy even heavier taxes! Meanwhile, if we manage to pull it off poorly, the soldiers from Saika Castle will make their move!" Yoon shouted with a panicked face. "Yoon... they can come anytime." I started off with a serious face. "If they desert impoverished children... and the sicken in order to protect themselves from danger... they have their priorities backwards." Yona finished. "Yep! Besides, we don't think we'll lose to them. As long as everyone's here." I said happily. "But...!" Yoon started. "Yoon. Surely you should understand, Yoon. You know how to efficiently move to make the officers come under pressure." Yona said. I then nodded in approval of what Yona said. "Well then, now that's settled... Let's start the revolt of "The Dark Dragon and the Happy Hungry Bunch"!" Zeno shouted with such a happy face. "First of all, that name won't pressurize them!!" Yoon yelled with an angry face. "Yoon, chill down for a bit." I said nervously. "How could I when this group is so idiotic!" He said.

(Present Time)

We are now at a village that we are planning to take over first. "Wh...What do you people want?! Who are you people...?!" One of the villagers shouted. "From now on, the villages in this area... are the territory of The Dark Dragon and The Happy Hungry Bunch. I'm thinking we should greet you all for a bit." Yona said. I was standing there internally dying because of what was happening. 'What's with the faces and that aura!' I thought. "If you don't wanna die, do as we say!" Yona commanded. The villages were questioning our name and telling us that there was nothing in the village to take. "A...are these the taxes the officers took before?" An old mad questioned. "If you don't wanna get hurt, put it away in a chest!" Yona told him. "They're good people." I heard one village questioned. 'Yeah, we are good people who are stupidly imitating to be bad people.' I answered in my mind. "Also, bring out every last kid in the village!" Yona once again commanded. "Wh-what do you want to do with our children...?" The villager questioned holding a child. "Here you go." I said to the child giving the child some candy which was happily accepted. "We''ll get rid of anyone who doesn't accept it!" Yona said. I then heard the same village saying them same thing. *Sigh* 'I'm so done with this.' I thought.

(Time Skip - After a little while)

"Yoon, which village will we go to next?" Kija asked Yoon. I was just squating next to Yona playing with Ao. "Let's see. At this time, officers are supposed to go to Shuu village, too." Yoon answered. "Is that far." Hak asked. "Yeah, a little. What should we do? Officers might come to Katan village again." Yoon replied. "Then I'll go guard Katan Village at once." Jae-Ha suggested. "Oh, that would be a big help. Yona and Yumi will wait here." Yoon said. "Huh?" Yona said while holding Ao. "Why? We're going too-" Yona started off by cut cut by Yoon. "The next place is far. We don't know if officers will come. For our fighting force, the Thunder Beast, and... right, if Kija is there, it'll be fine." Yoon said. "Then Zeno will hold down the fort with the Misses." Zeno said happily while pointing at himself. "Don't you just run around in the middle of battle? This time I will teach you the ways of fighting like one of the Four Dragons. Come." Kija said while grabbing Zeno with his dragon hand and with a scary face. "Eeeeeehhhhhhhh." Zeno complained. 'Oof, poor Zeno. He doesn't really fool around in battles though. When it comes to protecting... he really risks his life to do that.' I thought sadly. "Shin-Ah, we are entrusting the princesses to you." Kija said to Shin-Ah. "Kija, you are making it sound as if I can't protect myself." I said with a sad look. 'Time to joke around. Hehe.' I thought. Kija started to panic, "I-I didn't mean it like that. I-I just wanted to make sure that you are extra safe!" Kija said still panicking. "Hehe, I was just joking Kija. Calm down." I said while laughing.

Now it was just Yona, Shin-Ah and I sitting together. "Can't be helped, I guess. It was out of my control." Yona said. Yona then looked at Shin-Ah who was playing with Ao and decided to secretly steal his sword which end up failing because he suddenly leaped away. "Please, Shin-Ah! Lend me your sword! I want to practice." Yona said. Shin-Ah shakes his head multiple times refusing her request. "Fine. Nee-san... will you lend me yo-" Yona started but then cut her off half way because I know what she was going to say. "No, you should practice when you are under Hak's supervision." I said. "Why? Can't you just supervise me?" Yona asked. "I can't because Hak will get mad at me if something went wrong. Even though I am a princess, I bet Hak will murder me. Because he loves you too much." I said while whispering the last sentence. "Fine... Nee-san... what was the last sentence you said? I couldn't hear you." Yona told me. "Ahh... nothing. Shin-ah, why don't you show Yona your swordsmanship." I said quickly. Shin-Ah then showing his sword style which was fast and elegant. I looked at Yona and saw her watching closely at technique. 'Oh Yona, you have grown so much.' I thought while smiling. "...Shin-Ah, why did you first start learning the sword? You already have the power of the Dragon's eyes." Yona said. Shin-Ah suddenly froze and just stared off to the ground. "Shin-Ah, don't force yourself if you don't want to talk about it." I told him. "... The one... The one who taught me swordsmanship... told me I must not use the power of the eyes." Shin-Ah said. "Why?" Yona questioned. "Because they are a... double-edged sword." Shin-Ah answered. "... Is that because they hurt you too?" What on Earth are your powers, Shin-Ah?" Yona questioned further. Shin-Ah then kneeled to the ground probably because of his past. I stood there while Yona rush to Shin-Ah and hugged him and placed her forehead of Shin-Ah's... more like his mask and told him that she won't ask again. Yona then reached up to remove his mask but Shin-Ah suddenly turned away holding his mask in place. 'Jeez Yona. You should know the limit to things.' I thought. I walked up to Shin-Ah, "Shin-Ah. You don't have to use your power. Yona probably just wanted to look at your eyes while talking to you. Right Yona?" I said. "Yep. It'll be fine someday. Let me see... your smiling face, okay? Lift the edges of your mouth and perk a smile. I'm sure it would be lovely." Yona told him showing a smile to him. Then... a kid interrupted "The Dark Dragon and the Happy Hungry Bunch's boss ladies!" He shouted while looking at Yona and I. 'Wait... when did I become the boss lady?' I questioned myself. "Wh-what's up?" Yona questioned. "Give me some candy." The child said. "We don't have any more." I told him. Yona then got up from her sitting position. "Hold on. I'll shoot a bird down for you." Yona said while walking off. "I'll go for a walk. Shin-Ah, take care if the kids." I said walking off having a feeling that I forgot something. I was still walking around the village until I heard a child's scream. 'Wait... isn't this the part where real bandits attack the village and where Shin-Ah released his true powers! Oh shoot, I better hurry.' I thought and quickly ran to the place where I heard the scream.