Chapter 37

Yumi's POV

It was morning and the festival has ended last night. I was currently in the tent, yep I obeyed and slept in the tent with Yona and now we were getting ready. Yoon already headed out to who knows where. "Yona, your dance last night was beautiful!" I said excitedly while patting her head. "Thank you, but it was also thanks to your music along with Jae-Ha. It sounded wonderful!" Yona exclaimed. "Aww~ Thank you. Now let's go wake up the guys." I said walking out of the tent. "Okay!" Yona said following after me.

We arrived at the tent, Yona decided to open the way to the tent and I looked inside. "Hey guys, I think it is time for you to get up." I said looking at them only to find a weird situation happening. "Guys, like Nee-san said. You guy should get up soon." Yona said finally looking inside. "... Take your time." Yona said suddenly since Hak has like three girls on him... "Wait, wait." Hak said. "Hak, you know it's fine since it was a festival." I said. "Yeah... Like Nee-san said. You can cut loose. I'll do my swordsmanship training with Nee-san today. Is that fine with you?" Yona asked me. "Sure, anything for my sister." I said happily. "I'm not cutting loose!" Hak yelled. "Hak... You kind of remind me of him..." I said looking at him who still currently has girls on top of him. "Huh? Who?" Hak asked. "Let's see... Someone who is long dead." I replied and then walked out leaving Hak confused. What do you all need?" I heard Kija asked. "We're scared." I heard a girl reply. "Scared?" Jae-Ha questioned. "Yes, when we went to fetch water, there were soldiers outside of the village." A girl explained. "Soldiers?!" Yona yelled while opening the door to the tent again. "They come every once in a while, but they're just violent men." Another girl said. "You poor dears. Come here." Jae-Ha said in a flirtatious way. "Are they soldiers of the Sen Province? They even come to a place like this, huh?" Hak said. "Well, I'm gonna took a look." I said running off. "Me too." Yona said following after me.

"Princesses!" Kija screamed while running up to us with Hak. "If you're spying, I can..." Kija said. But I cut him off, "It's fine, Kija." I said. "We'll only look at them from a distance. I have to confirm they're the Sen Province soldiers." Yona said. "Yumi, Yona, that..." Shin-Ah started off. "Wait a minute... Those guys are..." Jae-Ha said. "Yumi! Yona!" I heard Yoon's shout from a distance. "Yoon! Listen, there's trouble!" Yona exclaimed. "Listen, listen! I got the Iza seeds!" Yoon shouted happily. "What?! Really?! That's awesome!" Yona yelled. "Right? It's amazing, right? That old man is an incredibly great man. It seems like the villagers liked your dance, too! Also Yumi's singing." Yoon exclaimed. "Really? Thank goodness~" Yona said relieved. Suddenly Jae-Ha covered Yoon's mouth while Hak covered Yona's. "You guys should quiet down for now. We like to have a celebration about your accomplishment. But... we have to deal with something first." I said. "What is it?" Yoon asked. "That." Jae-Ha replied facing in the direction of the problem. "Fire Tribe soldiers...?! Why are they in the Kai Empire?!" Yoon questioned in shock while looking at them. "Well, apparently. They have wondered around like this a lot of times." I explained. "I thought for sure the Kai Empire's soldiers were coming..." Yona said. "Before, I heard a rumor that the head of the Fire Tribe was buying weapons from other countries." Hak said. "But how can our country's soldiers stride into an enemy's so confidently?" Kija asked. "What are we going to do?" Jae-Ha asked. "Good question." I said out of nowhere. "It's unsettling that the border's defense is loose. Shall we watch them a little longer?" Yoon asked.

(Little Time Skip)

"Thank you for helping us gather the water!" One girl said. "They shouldn't make you ladies carry such heavy things. Your beautiful hands will get chapped." Jae-Ha said while carrying two buckets of water on a long stick on his shoulder. "Still a flirt as always." I whispered but apparently Jae-Ha heard me. "Aww~ Are you jealous?" Jae-Ha said teasingly. "Not a bit." I deadpanned. "So mean~" Jae-Ha complained. Yoon walked up to Jae-Ha, "Why did you bring them along? It's hard to spy." Yoon told Jae-Ha. "Helping women in distress is a common sense of the world, Yoon. Besides, it'll be easy to move if we blend in with the people of this land." Jae-Ha replied. We were then having casual chat about Hak and the girl named Aro who wanted to jump on Hak, but then heard the sound of galloping horses. "Shin-Ah." I said serious which he comprehended and looked afar to see why I turned serious. "... Yumi, Yona, get down. Horses are coming." Shin-Ah said. We are got down and hid behind some bushes and peaked at the source. "They're coming from Kouka. But they're not Fire Tribe soldiers." Yoon said looking at the scene. "That's... Lord Li Hazara from Sen's capital." One girl replied. "Li Hazara?! The dominant ruler of the Sen Province?!" Yoon exclaimed. "Looks like it. But how did you know?" I said seriously. "I know because I've seen the vanguard before." She answered "Why is someone like him coming from Kouka?!" Yoon exclaimed. "Well... This is kind of surprising." I said. 'I didn't think it was that soon...' I thought. "What on Earth is going on...? It's hard to think relations with North Kai have suddenly become unrestricted..." Yoon said. "Yoon, something is amiss." Yona said seriously. "Yona?" Yoon questioned. "Mhmm. Looks like a storm is coming very soon." I said looking up at the sky. "...What do you mean...?" Yoon asked slowly. "Well... Yona. Are you ready?" I said. "Yes, Nee-san. Let's go back to Kouka." Yona said.