Chapter 40

Yumi's POV

I saw that I was getting close to where my group is, which is thanks to the giant tree, because I remembered that from the manga. I stopped the horse before I could reach there since I don't need the horse's galloping noise being so loud. I got of the horse, "Thank you for your service. Now you can head back to them, if you know where it is, or you can be free." I said to the horse in which he replied with and neigh and ran off. I look at the direction where he was heading and it was the path to where the Fire Tribe is. 'Damn, that horse sure is loyal.' I thought while walking to the giant true and saw Hak looking at the sky where a bird was flying around. 'Looks like he is thinking about the past.' I thought.

"Hey Hak. I see you are just chilling while looking at that bird." I said walking up to him. "Yumi-hime!" Hak said shocked while he was about to get up. "Don't get up, you are injured." I said while pushing his shoulder to make him sit back down. "I see the rest are you are just fine." I said happily. "Yumi... How does look like we are fine." Jae-Ha said with a sweatdrop on his head. "Ahaha, I'm just kidding. Are you guys fine? Need me to use my healing powers?" I asked. "Ah, no need Yumi-hime. We don't want you to exhaust yourself just by healing us." Kija said. "Fine..." I said. "By the way, Yumi." Yoon said. "Hmm?" I hummed. "What were you doing staying at the battlefield? You know it's dangerous right?" Yoon said worried. "Yeah, I know. But I can't help it. I just... needed to see through that to its end... Since... I.... once was Kouka's princess and strategist." I said sadly looking towards the sky. "Nee-san..." Yona said. "Don't worry guys, everything is over. You guys just focus on getting healed up." I said. "I can't believe you didn't get injured when you were fighting in the front." Hak said. "That's because I'm too good unlike you." I said teasingly. "Hime!" Hak said with and irk mark on his head. "Relax. I'm just kidding." I said.

(Next Day)

I saw Yoon carrying a bag on his back, looks like he is going to the town. "Today I'm going to town for work." Yoon said looking at us. "For work?" Yona asked. "Well, why don't we go too." I suggested which everyone agreed too.

We were now in town which was crowded with many people and shops selling many things. "There are a bunch of different stores." Yona said surprised while looking around. "I heard that the market opens for a limit period of time. Wandering merchants and travelers are free to open up their own shops." Yoon said. "Well then. Yoon, what are you going to sell?" I asked. "I'm going to sell medicine as usual. I picked a ton of herbs on the way here." Yoon replied laying out the herbs. "I see." I said looking at the herbs. "Also, this is when it gets important. As you all are probably aware, we're broke." Yoon started off. "Ah, that is kind of sad." I said. Yoon continued, "We've somehow been able to have meat because we hunt it, but... we also want rice, salt, weapons, and clothings... Right? We need money no matter what!" He declared. "I see. So, do we need to bring customers in?" I asked. "Of course you guys will." Yoon replied. "Wouldn't it be better if we don't stand out?" Hak asked. "Oh my, you finally understand the meaning of 'not standing out'. I'm so proud of you Hak." I said. "Shush." Hak said while softly hitting me on the head. "Normally, but... merchants from other countries and traveling entertainers come here so I think people won't care about it. Even Shin-Ah and his weird mask." Yoon answered. "But I've never tried to solicit customers before..." Kija said. "If you don't drag any customers here... You don't get to eat!" Yoon announced and immediately they all headed off yelling "We're going!" I looked at them and sighed. "Children these days." I stated. "So, what are you going to do." Yoon asked looking at me. "I will help you sell these to the customers. You already know that I know medical things." I said sitting next to Yoon. "Ah, that would be a lot of help when there are many customers." Yoon said.

Yoon and I were sitting there waiting for customers and of course Jae-Ha using his charms brought back to girls and we sold them some herbs. "Good job Jae-Ha." I said giving him a thumbs up. I looked at our group seeing them fool around, "These guys sure knows how to fool around when we are trying to sell stuff." I stated. "Ugh... Why can't they be more mature." Yoon said. Then Zeno brought back a 'young lady' to us. "My arthritis has gotten worse lately..." The old lady said. "Ah. If that's the case, take this leaf and brew it in..." Yoon started off. "Here you go." I said handing her the herbs she needed. Later a bunch of customers came making Yoon and I a little busy, but at least you can make money. A little while after Yona came up to us, "Nee-san, Yoon. How are we doing?" She asked. "Ah, Yona. We are doing great." I said happily. "Yeah, with this, we can make a decent living for a while." Yoon replied who was currently showing excitement in his face. "Alright then! I'm going to go drag some customers in too!" Yona shouted getting a rope out of nowhere. "Yona... my sister. I don't think you should use that." I stated pointing at the rope. "Yeah. It's fine Yona. Just sit here." Yoon said trying to calm Yona down.