Chapter Ten

"I completely understand BonBon," Bri tells the teen over the phone, "You do what you need to to grieve, and to get over all of this. I'm here for you, no matter what happens between you and anyone else."

"Thanks Bri," Bonnie responds, choking up on the other side of the phone, "You don't know how much that means to me."
The girl clears her throat before continuing, "By the way, I found a book with stuff about banshees."

"I told you not to worry, Bon," Bri says through a smile, "But I am eternally grateful. I've got to go, I have a meeting."
"Bye Bri, I'll see you later."
"See you later, Bon"

The teacher; donning a pair of black jeans, reaching her mid-calves, black pumps, and a blue button up shirt; heads to the Founders Hall for an emergency council meeting.

 The dirty blonde slides gracefully out of her impala, and joins the group, standing with Damon.

"There was a disturbance at the hospital blood bank last night," Sheriff Forbes reveals, "some of the supply was compromised."
"Compromised?" Damon asks, "You mean stolen?"

"We almost missed it," Liz sighs, "The inventory records were altered but when the night manager was questioned he had no recollection of changing them."

"Meaning that the vampire who stole the blood used mind control to hide the theft," John says, causing Bri to roll her eyes.
Damon looks to the Gilbert, and replies, "I know what you meant."

"We wouldn't have noticed had John not alerted us to recent discrepancies in other hospital blood banks in the county," Liz praises John.
Damon falsely responds, "How lucky for us, we have John."
"I can see his ego inflating," Bri whispers to Damon, causing him to laugh, covering it up by fake coughing.

Ignoring the fake cough, Liz adds, "We're stepping up security at the hospital, giving the guard vervain to prevent this from happening again."

"Sheriff, may I offer a suggestion?" John says, causing Bri to raise her eyebrows, amused, "Why don't Damon, Bri, and I put our heads together? We can track down whoever is doing this."

"Truthfully I can use the extra hands," Liz says, and looks at the banshee and vampire, "Is that something you two would be willing to do?"
"Well, of course," Damon says, "I mean if it'll help."
"As long as I get to school on time," Bri adds, earning a thankful nod and smile from the sheriff.

"I think we could make a good team," John says, "don't you two think so?"
Putting her hand on Damon's arm; indicating she would answer, Bri smiles a kind smile, "To keep this town safe, of course."