Chapter Seventeen

"Give a woman pain and she 'll turn it into power
Give that woman chaos and she'll create peace."
R.H. Sin

"What's wrong?" Damon asks, following as Bri storms out of the classroom.
Bri suddenly spins on her heel, "Where's Stef?"
"Fixing my 'mistakes' I assume," Damon responds cryptically, "Why?"

"He'd know what to do," Bri answers, just as cryptically as Damon's previous response, before storming off into the crowd, dragging the older Salvatore with her.

"Seriously," Damon groans, grabbing Bri's hand and pulling her back towards him, "What the hell is going on with you?"
"I'll tell you as soon as possible," Bri responds desperately, "But right now, we need to find Caroline."

"They let her out?"
"She let herself out," Bri responds cryptically, finally spotting a head of blonde hair.

"Care," Bri calls out, rushing towards the young blonde, "Excuse me, coming through!"

Damon rushes after the banshee as she rushes towards the teen, finally catching up with her when she's found Caroline.

"You shouldn't be here," Bri chastises the teen, leading her through the dense crowds, to an emptier area.

When Caroline sees Damon, her apologetic gaze turns to a glare, as she spits, "I remember. I remember how you manipulated me, you pushed me around, abused me, erased my memories, fed on me."

Caroline steps forward after every point, ending up standing less than a foot in front of Damon, causing Bri to move closer towards them. Damon opens his mouth- about to ask how she could remember everything- before closing it again when hearing Bri's voice telepathically, "Step back and let me handle this."

Damon listens to Bri's demand, stepping back and allowing Bri to move slightly in between the Forbes girl and Damon.

"Care," Bri calls softly, causing Caroline's glare to turn to an inquisitive gaze, "I know you're confused, and I shouldn't have left you alone, but you shouldn't be out and around a crowd of this magnitude yet. You aren't used to your heightened senses yet, and you definitely aren't in enough control of your feeding habits to be around people."

Bri moves towards the teen slowly, "I know you're angry, and confused, and I know that your emotions are heightened now as well, so we need to get you into a safe and controlled environment for now."

Suddenly, all of the pieces fit together in Damon's mind, and he asks in surprise, "She's a vampire?"

That question is all it takes to send Caroline back into anger, and she sends Damon an indifferent smile, stating, "I have a message from Katherine."

With that, Caroline launches herself at the raven haired vampire.

Instinctively, Bri throws herself in between the two vampires.

As Caroline collides with her, Bri creates a barrier behind her; both to stabilise herself and separate the vampires.

Bri flies through the barrier, Damon speeding to catch her before she hits the ground.

Caroline hits the barrier and stops her onslaught, sparing Bri a small apologetic look before glaring at Damon again, "She said, 'Game on.'"

As soon as the words had left her mouth, Caroline had disappeared, leaving a pissed off Damon, and a worried Bri.

Damon's anger and irritation towards Caroline turns to worry for Bri, and he stands her up in front of him while checking her over, "Are you okay? Why the hell did you get in between us? I could have handled blondie."