Chapter Thirty Seven

A/N:
Klaric = Klaus in Alaric's body
Hope you enjoy!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
It's about learning to dance in the rain."
Vivian Greene

Katherine glares from her position- tied to a chair in the middle of Alaric's apartment.

Her glare is set on Klaric, who digs through Alaric's closet, searching for a suitable shirt to wear.
He finally pulls out two shirt and, turning to face his hostage, asks, "Who is this guy, Safari Sam? Okay, bad, or badder?"

"The dark colours suit you better," Katherine deadpans, her voice void of enthusiasm.

"Oh, thank you, honey," Klaric says as he changes into the shirt, "Okay, pop quiz. The dagger and white ash are in the Salvatores' possession, correct?"

Katherine, having been compelled to tell the Original what he wants to know, answers, "The dagger was used to kill Elijah. You'll find him in the basement of the Salvatore house."

"Okay, that dagger needs to stay exactly where it is," Klaric states, "The last thing I need to do is resurrect Elijah. Oh, that guy is a buzzkill."

"Don't forget you're on the outs with your girlfriend Jenna," Katherine reminds.

Klaric nods, "Right. Elena's aunt. For all the lies about Isobel. What else?"

"That's it," Katherine forces herself to say, trying to resist the compulsion.

The man draws closer to her, reaching out and touching her face, causing her to flinch.
"Oh, so jumpy," Klaric remarks, a satisfied smirk adorning his face before he leans in and questions again, looking deep into her eyes and compelling, "What else?"

"Jenna is staying with Bria," Katherine finds herself saying, immediately feeling guilty, "and so is Skylar, a human girl in her care."

"Bria? You mean Brianna Byrne, the Scarlet Witch," Klaric steps back from the woman, "the person whose freedom you wanted along with your own. Strange that you'd try bargain for someone else's freedom, seeing as if you'd brought her to me, I might have actually granted you freedom."

Leaning back towards Katherine, Klaric asks again, "What else?"

Katherine responds even though she doesn't want to, "Bria has befriended Rose and Trevor, and therefore, has their help."

"Is there anything else?" Klaric continues his interrogation, "Anything you would not know? What could they have been keeping from you?"

"They were trying to see if Bonnie could find a way to kill an Original without a dagger," the vampire doppelgänger involuntarily answers.

"Bonnie the best friend? I thought you said she didn't have her powers anymore," the Original says, a threatening undertone in his voice.

"She doesn't or didn't," Katherine admits, "I don't know. I'm kinda out of the loop."

"Well, we'll have to get to the bottom of that," Klaric states, "Now... I've been searching for you for over 500 years. Your death is going to last at least half that long."

Whipping a single blade pocketknife out of his pocket, the Original kneels down in front of the woman, and compels her, "I want you to take this knife... And stab yourself."

Katherine, under compulsion, takes the knife from Klaric, and thrusts it into her thigh.

"Now take it out," Klaric instructs, the doppelgänger doing so and watching her wound heal.
Smirking maliciously, Klaric compels, "Now while I'm gone, I want you to do that over and over and over again and if you get bored, switch legs."